Victorian sports fans will have the opportunity to see the stars from the Caltex Socceroos at a special Fan Day event to be held at Lakeside Stadium, Albert Park this Sunday (9 October 2016).
Fans will also be able to be part of a special Caltex Socceroos team photo, featuring all of the stars including captain Mile Jedinak, Aaron Mooy, Matthew Leckie and Melbourne City’s new star Tim Cahill.
Coming off the back of a win in Perth against Iraq, Caltex Socceroos Head Coach Ange Postecoglou has selected a full strength squad for their 2018 FIFA World Cup Asian Qualifier against Japan at Docklands Stadium on Tuesday 11 October.
Ange will put the team through their paces at Lakeside Stadium and you can be there to witness the magic.
The free Fan Day will commence at 2pm with a host of activities and fun for the whole family, including an appearance by Maloo (the Caltex Socceroos mascot) plus face painting, giveaways, as well as a Football Federation Victoria AIA Vitality MiniRoos demonstration. Fans will be encouraged to show off their shooting skills at the Melbourne City inflatable shooting target.
The Caltex Socceroos Fan Day has been a popular part of the team’s community engagement prior to whenever the team plays a match on Australian soil.
Socceroos Fan Day Details
Sunday 9 October
Lakeside Stadium, Albert Park
- Get your Socceroos Fan Day Passport stamped and receive free gifts
- Don’t miss the opportunity to get your photo take with the Asian Cup trophy
- Test your football skills with the ‘keep ups’ competition and penalty goal challenge
- Be a part of the biggest Socceroo ‘Team Selfie’
- Get your war paint on with the face painters
- Bring the kids and have them meet Maloo, the official Caltex Socceroos mascot
- Deck yourself out in green and gold at the merchandise van
- FFV MiniRoos demonstration
- Melbourne City FC Shooting target and Membership tent