Did you know uncapped Aleksandar Susnjar was born in Perth? Yet another WA talent in the national team.
Susnjar is one of the fresh faces in a 29-man preliminary squad selected by Caltex Socceroos Head Coach Bert van Marwijk for this month’s international friendlies against Norway in Oslo, and Colombia in London.
OVERSEAS-BASED BOLTERS: Click here for more
Want to know more? Here are your 10 facts on our new Caltex Socceroo
- The 22-year-old caught the eye playing for Australia's U23s in January at the 2018 AFC U23 Championship held in China.
- Susnjar is a central defender.
- He's a left-footer.
- Susnjar was born in Perth in August 1995 and played for Perth Soccer club in the NPL in 2015.
- He left WA to go play overseas.
- He plays in the Czech Republic with FK Mlada Boleslav, who he joined in January from FK Teplice.
- At FK Mlada Boleslav, he is teammates with former Hyundai A-League striker Gol-Gol Mebrahtu.
- Susnjar has also played in Lithuania, Serbia and Romania.
- He began his career in Serbia with RAD U19s.
- Susnjar played 90 minutes on Sunday for FK Mlada Boleslav in their 3-0 loss to Slavia Prague.
Aussies Abroad: Vukovic’s Genk beaten in battle of Belgium’s top two
Danny Vukovic’s Genk remain well clear on top of the table despite falling to a rare defeat in Belgium against Club Brugge overnight. In a meeting of the competition’s top two at the Jan Breydel Stadion, Genk were beaten the fired-up home side, going down 3-1. There was lit
Aussies Abroad: Ryan’s Brighton through to Quarter-Finals while Milligan, Giannou pick up strong results
There were a handful of Caltex Socceroos in action on Sunday morning (AEDT) while some key figures were rested as their clubs negotiated cup ties. Firstly to Europe where Mark Milligan played a full 90 at the heart of Hibernian’s midfield as they welcomed new manager Danny Hec
Aussies Abroad: Luongo gallant in Watford defeat
Caltex Socceroos midfielder Massimo Luongo can turn his attention to the EFLChampionship after QPR crashed out of the FA Cup on Saturday morning (AEDT). The 26-year-old played the full 90 minutes in QPR’s 1-0 loss to Watford at Loftus Road, in a tight game where each side cou
When to watch your Caltex Socceroos this weekend
There's FA Cup action on the cards for two Australians this weekend as another prepares for a massive top-of-the-table encounter. Multiple players are involved in matches with major title ramifications, while Mark Milligan has a new manager to impress in Scotland. Read on t