Did you know uncapped Aleksandar Susnjar was born in Perth? Yet another WA talent in the national team.
Susnjar is one of the fresh faces in a 29-man preliminary squad selected by Caltex Socceroos Head Coach Bert van Marwijk for this month’s international friendlies against Norway in Oslo, and Colombia in London.
OVERSEAS-BASED BOLTERS: Click here for more
Want to know more? Here are your 10 facts on our new Caltex Socceroo
- The 22-year-old caught the eye playing for Australia's U23s in January at the 2018 AFC U23 Championship held in China.
- Susnjar is a central defender.
- He's a left-footer.
- Susnjar was born in Perth in August 1995 and played for Perth Soccer club in the NPL in 2015.
- He left WA to go play overseas.
- He plays in the Czech Republic with FK Mlada Boleslav, who he joined in January from FK Teplice.
- At FK Mlada Boleslav, he is teammates with former Hyundai A-League striker Gol-Gol Mebrahtu.
- Susnjar has also played in Lithuania, Serbia and Romania.
- He began his career in Serbia with RAD U19s.
- Susnjar played 90 minutes on Sunday for FK Mlada Boleslav in their 3-0 loss to Slavia Prague.
Aussies Abroad: Sainsbury denies former club Inter in first UEFA Champions League start
Two Caltex Socceroos defenders were involved in key UEFA Champions League matches on Wednesday morning (AEDT). Milos Degenek’s Red Star Belgrade took on the might of Paris Saint Germain, featuring Neymar and Kylian Mbappe, while Trent Sainsbury went to former club Inter Milan
Aussies Abroad: Nabbout, Urawa Red Diamonds win Emperors Cup final
Andrew Nabbout emerged an Emperors Cup Final winner with Urawa Red Diamonds after the J-League outfit defeated Vegalta Sendai 1-0 yesterday evening. Nabbout was an unused substitute as the Reds clinched the trophy thanks to an early strike from Tomoya Ugajin. It is Urawa’s
'Amazing reward': Cahill to feature in FIFA World Football Museum
A pair of Tim Cahill’s boots will join items like the FIFA World Cup trophy, match balls from some of football’s biggest occasions and rare match-worn shirts in FIFA’s World Football Museum in Switzerland. The Caltex Socceroos legend revealed on Instagram on Sunday morning (AE
Boyle given 'all clear' following 'nasty collision'
Caltex Socceroos attacker Martin Boyle has been given the “all clear” following a head knock in Hibernian’s Scottish Premiership win at Hamilton Academical on Sunday morning (AEDT). Boyle needed lengthy treatment before half time after clashing with Hamilton’s Gary Woods and s