Did you know uncapped Aleksandar Susnjar was born in Perth? Yet another WA talent in the national team.
Susnjar is one of the fresh faces in a 29-man preliminary squad selected by Caltex Socceroos Head Coach Bert van Marwijk for this month’s international friendlies against Norway in Oslo, and Colombia in London.
OVERSEAS-BASED BOLTERS: Click here for more
Want to know more? Here are your 10 facts on our new Caltex Socceroo
- The 22-year-old caught the eye playing for Australia's U23s in January at the 2018 AFC U23 Championship held in China.
- Susnjar is a central defender.
- He's a left-footer.
- Susnjar was born in Perth in August 1995 and played for Perth Soccer club in the NPL in 2015.
- He left WA to go play overseas.
- He plays in the Czech Republic with FK Mlada Boleslav, who he joined in January from FK Teplice.
- At FK Mlada Boleslav, he is teammates with former Hyundai A-League striker Gol-Gol Mebrahtu.
- Susnjar has also played in Lithuania, Serbia and Romania.
- He began his career in Serbia with RAD U19s.
- Susnjar played 90 minutes on Sunday for FK Mlada Boleslav in their 3-0 loss to Slavia Prague.