Did you know uncapped Aleksandar Susnjar was born in Perth? Yet another WA talent in the national team.
Susnjar is one of the fresh faces in a 29-man preliminary squad selected by Caltex Socceroos Head Coach Bert van Marwijk for this month’s international friendlies against Norway in Oslo, and Colombia in London.
OVERSEAS-BASED BOLTERS: Click here for more
Want to know more? Here are your 10 facts on our new Caltex Socceroo
- The 22-year-old caught the eye playing for Australia's U23s in January at the 2018 AFC U23 Championship held in China.
- Susnjar is a central defender.
- He's a left-footer.
- Susnjar was born in Perth in August 1995 and played for Perth Soccer club in the NPL in 2015.
- He left WA to go play overseas.
- He plays in the Czech Republic with FK Mlada Boleslav, who he joined in January from FK Teplice.
- At FK Mlada Boleslav, he is teammates with former Hyundai A-League striker Gol-Gol Mebrahtu.
- Susnjar has also played in Lithuania, Serbia and Romania.
- He began his career in Serbia with RAD U19s.
- Susnjar played 90 minutes on Sunday for FK Mlada Boleslav in their 3-0 loss to Slavia Prague.
Player FeaturesSee more
The proud Caltex Socceroos moment that went beyond Behich's childhood dreams
He's one of the most experienced players in Graham Arnold's squad and Aziz Behich is relishing the chance to assume more of a leadership role on the Caltex Socceroos' journey to the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022?. Behich has 36 senior caps to his name, with only six other players
The bold move that helped re-ignite Smith’s Caltex Socceroos career
Brad Smith admits he had doubts whether America's Major League Soccer was the right place to kick-start his career when Seattle Sounders came calling a little over 12 months ago. The Caltex Socceroos left-back, who debuted in the Premier League with Liverpool as a teenager in
From Adelaide to Germany: Borrello’s constant reminder of his Caltex Socceroos goal
From watching TV as a kid to lacing up his boots on the other side of the world - Brandon Borrello has always been aware of his Caltex Socceroos destiny. Freiburg SC attacker Borrello made his Caltex Socceroos bow in the June friendly against Korea Republic in Busan, something