Mat Ryan will come face-to-face with superstars Mohamed Salah, Philippe Coutinho, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino this weekend.
Ryan's Brighton host Liverpool on Sunday morning (AEDT).
But how does the Caltex Socceroos custodian compare to his Liverpool counterpart, Belgian Simon Mignolet?
We've crunched the Opta stats to find out...
- Ryan has played all 14 of Brighton's Premier League matches this season, while Mignolet has missed just one of Liverpool's games.
- Ryan has conceded fewer goals, letting in 14 as opposed to 18 by Mignolet.
- The Australian has also made far more saves, keeping out 40 goal-bound efforts, compared to 24 by the Belgian.
- Ryan has faced more shots though, with 54 fired his way, while Mignolet has had to contend with 41.
- Both 'keepers have kept five clean sheets.
- Both have also faced just one penalty this season, with Mignolet saving his.
- According to Opta's 'Expected Goals' metric, Ryan has prevented 3.9 more goals than expected, while Mignolet has conceded 3.5 more goals than expected.
*Metric takes into account a range of factors such as conditions, opposition, shots faced to determine an expected number of goals a player would concede.
Aussies Abroad: Nabbout, Urawa Red Diamonds win Emperors Cup final
Andrew Nabbout emerged an Emperors Cup Final winner with Urawa Red Diamonds after the J-League outfit defeated Vegalta Sendai 1-0 yesterday evening. Nabbout was an unused substitute as the Reds clinched the trophy thanks to an early strike from Tomoya Ugajin. It is Urawa’s
'Amazing reward': Cahill to feature in FIFA World Football Museum
A pair of Tim Cahill’s boots will join items like the FIFA World Cup trophy, match balls from some of football’s biggest occasions and rare match-worn shirts in FIFA’s World Football Museum in Switzerland. The Caltex Socceroos legend revealed on Instagram on Sunday morning (AE
Boyle given 'all clear' following 'nasty collision'
Caltex Socceroos attacker Martin Boyle has been given the “all clear” following a head knock in Hibernian’s Scottish Premiership win at Hamilton Academical on Sunday morning (AEDT). Boyle needed lengthy treatment before half time after clashing with Hamilton’s Gary Woods and s
Aussies Abroad: Rogic helps Celtic to big win, Mooy suffers late loss
Caltex Socceroos midfielder Tom Rogic provided an assist as Celtic thumped Kilmarnock 5-1 to leapfrog their opponents and move to the top of the Scottish Premiership table. But Huddersfield Town suffered a heartbreaking defeat, with Arsenal needing a late moment of magic to do