Mat Ryan will come face-to-face with superstars Mohamed Salah, Philippe Coutinho, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino this weekend.
Ryan's Brighton host Liverpool on Sunday morning (AEDT).
But how does the Caltex Socceroos custodian compare to his Liverpool counterpart, Belgian Simon Mignolet?
We've crunched the Opta stats to find out...
- Ryan has played all 14 of Brighton's Premier League matches this season, while Mignolet has missed just one of Liverpool's games.
- Ryan has conceded fewer goals, letting in 14 as opposed to 18 by Mignolet.
- The Australian has also made far more saves, keeping out 40 goal-bound efforts, compared to 24 by the Belgian.
- Ryan has faced more shots though, with 54 fired his way, while Mignolet has had to contend with 41.
- Both 'keepers have kept five clean sheets.
- Both have also faced just one penalty this season, with Mignolet saving his.
- According to Opta's 'Expected Goals' metric, Ryan has prevented 3.9 more goals than expected, while Mignolet has conceded 3.5 more goals than expected.
*Metric takes into account a range of factors such as conditions, opposition, shots faced to determine an expected number of goals a player would concede.
Gallery: Caltex Socceroos camp in pictures
The Caltex Socceroos are looking ahead to November's twin matches in a positive mindframe after comfortably accounting for Kuwait 4-0 in a friendly earlier this week. Australia's impressive win came as reward for the hard work done during a Dubai training camp in the lead-up t
Progress report: Mark Milligan
With the AFC Asian Cup appearing quickly on the horizon, we’re delivering weekly scouting reports on some of our Caltex Socceroos playing abroad. This week the spotlight is on Mark Milligan, an experienced member of the national team who has made a flawless start to life in Eu
Caltex Socceroos meet young Aussie ‘Playmakers’ in the UAE
The Caltex Socceroos took time out after training to meet with some young Australian fans in the United Arab Emirates last week ahead of Monday’s solid 4-0 win over Kuwait in Kuwait City. The young Australians, who live in the UAE, are part of the AFC Asian Cup UAE 2019’s Play
‘An amazing story’: Patrice Evra leads social media tributes to Mabil, Deng debuts
There was a lot to like about the Caltex Socceroos win over Kuwait on Tuesday (AEDT) but arguably the biggest highlight was the international debuts of youngsters Awer Mabil and Thomas Deng. The pair were both second-half substitutes and combined on the right flanks, with Mabi