Mat Ryan will come face-to-face with superstars Mohamed Salah, Philippe Coutinho, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino this weekend.
Ryan's Brighton host Liverpool on Sunday morning (AEDT).
But how does the Caltex Socceroos custodian compare to his Liverpool counterpart, Belgian Simon Mignolet?
We've crunched the Opta stats to find out...
- Ryan has played all 14 of Brighton's Premier League matches this season, while Mignolet has missed just one of Liverpool's games.
- Ryan has conceded fewer goals, letting in 14 as opposed to 18 by Mignolet.
- The Australian has also made far more saves, keeping out 40 goal-bound efforts, compared to 24 by the Belgian.
- Ryan has faced more shots though, with 54 fired his way, while Mignolet has had to contend with 41.
- Both 'keepers have kept five clean sheets.
- Both have also faced just one penalty this season, with Mignolet saving his.
- According to Opta's 'Expected Goals' metric, Ryan has prevented 3.9 more goals than expected, while Mignolet has conceded 3.5 more goals than expected.
*Metric takes into account a range of factors such as conditions, opposition, shots faced to determine an expected number of goals a player would concede.
Rukavytsya ready to relive 'unbelievable' World Cup experience
Caltex Socceroos striker Nikita Rukavytsya is hoping history repeats itself as he zeroes in on an unexpected FIFA World Cup berth. The 30-year-old flyer was a surprise recall for last year's do-or-die play-offs against Syria and Honduras having spent the previous four years in
Opponent Watch: Celtic starlet set to lock horns with Rogic
Tom Rogic's superb form could hit a grinding halt in Oslo if a Celtic team-mate has his way in the international friendly between the Caltex Socceroos and Norway. Elsewhere, Colombia are set to have some additional motivation for next week's match in London while a FIFA World
Brillante upbeat over Caltex Socceroos' midfield battle
Recalled midfielder Josh Brillante admits it won't be easy to achieve redemption for his late exclusion from the Caltex Socceroos' last FIFA World Cup squad. Brillante was a member of Australia's extended roster for Brazil 2014 but was unable to force his way into the final 23
Socceroos Spotlight: Luongo, Behich take staggering stats into Norway friendly
Bert van Marwijk will be blessed with the arrival of several in-form stars as his squad assembles in Oslo for the first of two friendlies. AFC Asian Cup winners Massimo Luongo and Aziz Behich are among those at the peak of their powers for the new Caltex Socceroos' coach's fir