Football Federation Australia (FFA) today received official confirmation from the Football Association of Thailand that the 2018 FIFA World Cup Asian Qualification match between Thailand and Australia will be played as scheduled at the Rajamangala Stadium, in Bangkok on Tuesday 15 November.
As the match coincides with a period of mourning following the passing of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej, FFA asks all Australian fans attending the match and who are in Thailand to be respectful of the local customs and in particular respect the following requests from the Sports Authority of Thailand:
· Clothing for spectators shall be in polite manner with suggested colours such as white, black, gray and preferably with no designs on them.
· Equipment such as drums, trumpets, flags, megaphones, whistles, cheering sticks and any other equipment will not be allowed to enter the stadium.
· Spectators are not allowed to show any symbols.
· Banners will not be allowed to enter the stadium.
· Fan chants, along with any other activities that are considered joyful, are strictly prohibited both inside the stadium and surrounding areas.
For more information regarding travel in Thailand, please visit www.smarttraveller.gov.au
Disappointment for Vukovic in Belgium Cup final
Caltex Socceroos gloveman Danny Vukovic has suffered heartbreak in the Belgium Cup final, going down 1-0 after extra-time against Standard Liege. In a tense and cagey final, both sides struggled to create chances as scores were locked at 0-0 after 90 minutes. But Liege stru
Aussies Abroad: Kruse stars again in Germany
Robbie Kruse will head into Caltex Socceroos camp in confident mood this week after continuing his impressive form with 2.Bundesliga outfit VFL Bochum overnight. The former Brisbane Roar and Melbourne Victory flyer had an assist as Bochum came from two goals down to beat Sandh
Mooy’s Huddersfield slump to EPL defeat against Palace
Caltex Socceroos playmaker Aaron Mooy could do nothing to inspire Huddersfield Town in the Premier League overnight, going down 2-0 to relegation rivals Crystal Palace. In his second match back from a knee injury, Mooy got through the full 90 minutes for David Wagner’s men at
Championship wrap: Luongo scores in QPR’s impressive comeback
Caltex Socceroos midfielder Massimo Luongo scored a classy goal as QPR came-from-behind to snatch a 2-2 draw against promotion candidates Fulham in the English Championship overnight. Fulham, unbeaten in their last 15 matches, led 2-0 heading into first-half stoppage-time befo