Football Federation Australia (FFA) today received official confirmation from the Football Association of Thailand that the 2018 FIFA World Cup Asian Qualification match between Thailand and Australia will be played as scheduled at the Rajamangala Stadium, in Bangkok on Tuesday 15 November.
As the match coincides with a period of mourning following the passing of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej, FFA asks all Australian fans attending the match and who are in Thailand to be respectful of the local customs and in particular respect the following requests from the Sports Authority of Thailand:
· Clothing for spectators shall be in polite manner with suggested colours such as white, black, gray and preferably with no designs on them.
· Equipment such as drums, trumpets, flags, megaphones, whistles, cheering sticks and any other equipment will not be allowed to enter the stadium.
· Spectators are not allowed to show any symbols.
· Banners will not be allowed to enter the stadium.
· Fan chants, along with any other activities that are considered joyful, are strictly prohibited both inside the stadium and surrounding areas.
For more information regarding travel in Thailand, please visit www.smarttraveller.gov.au
Aussies Abroad: Vukovic’s Genk beaten in battle of Belgium’s top two
Danny Vukovic’s Genk remain well clear on top of the table despite falling to a rare defeat in Belgium against Club Brugge overnight. In a meeting of the competition’s top two at the Jan Breydel Stadion, Genk were beaten the fired-up home side, going down 3-1. There was lit
Aussies Abroad: Ryan’s Brighton through to Quarter-Finals while Milligan, Giannou pick up strong results
There were a handful of Caltex Socceroos in action on Sunday morning (AEDT) while some key figures were rested as their clubs negotiated cup ties. Firstly to Europe where Mark Milligan played a full 90 at the heart of Hibernian’s midfield as they welcomed new manager Danny Hec
Aussies Abroad: Luongo gallant in Watford defeat
Caltex Socceroos midfielder Massimo Luongo can turn his attention to the EFLChampionship after QPR crashed out of the FA Cup on Saturday morning (AEDT). The 26-year-old played the full 90 minutes in QPR’s 1-0 loss to Watford at Loftus Road, in a tight game where each side cou
When to watch your Caltex Socceroos this weekend
There's FA Cup action on the cards for two Australians this weekend as another prepares for a massive top-of-the-table encounter. Multiple players are involved in matches with major title ramifications, while Mark Milligan has a new manager to impress in Scotland. Read on t