Football Federation Australia (FFA) today received official confirmation from the Football Association of Thailand that the 2018 FIFA World Cup Asian Qualification match between Thailand and Australia will be played as scheduled at the Rajamangala Stadium, in Bangkok on Tuesday 15 November.
As the match coincides with a period of mourning following the passing of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej, FFA asks all Australian fans attending the match and who are in Thailand to be respectful of the local customs and in particular respect the following requests from the Sports Authority of Thailand:
· Clothing for spectators shall be in polite manner with suggested colours such as white, black, gray and preferably with no designs on them.
· Equipment such as drums, trumpets, flags, megaphones, whistles, cheering sticks and any other equipment will not be allowed to enter the stadium.
· Spectators are not allowed to show any symbols.
· Banners will not be allowed to enter the stadium.
· Fan chants, along with any other activities that are considered joyful, are strictly prohibited both inside the stadium and surrounding areas.
For more information regarding travel in Thailand, please visit www.smarttraveller.gov.au
Degenek not taking his foot off the gas
Twelve months ago, Caltex Socceroos defender Milos Degenek was playing in Japan — now, he’s tearing up Serbia’s SuperLiga, having been named in the league’s best eleven for the first half of the season. It’s a credit to Degenek, 24, who signed with Red Star Belgrade in July
Degenek named in Serbian Superliga's best XI
Caltex Socceroos defender Milos Degenek has been named in the Serbian Superliga’s best eleven players of the first half of the season after his performances for Red Star Belgrade. AUSSIES ABROAD: Sainsbury denies former club Inter in first UCL start READ MORE: Where you can w
FFA to conduct additional injury assessment with Aaron Mooy
Football Federation Australia (FFA) acknowledges Huddersfield Town’s statement regarding Aaron Mooy released on Thursday morning (AEDT). Due to the significance of the AFC Asian Cup to the Caltex Socceroos, FFA will proceed with a plan to deploy its High Performance Coordina
Aussies Abroad: Rogic and Vukovic progress to Europa League Round of 32
The Europa League Round of 32 will have an Aussie flavour after Tom Rogic and Danny Vukovic both sealed their progression to the knockout stage of Europe’s second-tier competition. Rogic played 90 minutes as Celtic did it the hard way, their 2-1 loss at the hands of FC Salzbur