We've picked out five key stats ahead of Tuesday night's crucial World Cup qualifier with Thailand.
• Australia are undefeated from their six previous encounters with Thailand, though their last meeting was the first time they failed to claim full points against them (W5, D1).
• Match day will mark 3,362 days since the Socceroos last lost a World Cup Qualification game on home turf (1-0 vs China at ANZ Stadium).
• Thailand have lost their last four World Cup Qualification fixtures away from home, conceding 12 goals and scoring only one of their own.
• Mile Jedinak scored a brace from the penalty spot when these teams last met; the first and thus far only time he’s found the back of the net twice in a single game. Sadly for the Aussies, their skipper will be missing for this game.
• Two of the last three goals scored by the Socceroos on home turf have come from outside the box, while Tomi Juric has scored three of Australia’s eight home goals at this stage overall.
Aussies Abroad: Luongo gallant in Watford defeat
Caltex Socceroos midfielder Massimo Luongo can turn his attention to the EFLChampionship after QPR crashed out of the FA Cup on Saturday morning (AEDT). The 26-year-old played the full 90 minutes in QPR’s 1-0 loss to Watford at Loftus Road, in a tight game where each side cou
When to watch your Caltex Socceroos this weekend
There's FA Cup action on the cards for two Australians this weekend as another prepares for a massive top-of-the-table encounter. Multiple players are involved in matches with major title ramifications, while Mark Milligan has a new manager to impress in Scotland. Read on t
Aussies Abroad: Vukovic keeps clean sheet as Genk earn crucial away result
Danny Vukovic was the only Caltex Socceroo in action on Friday morning (AEDT) as his Genk side secured a 0-0 away draw against Slavia Prague in the UEFA Europa League Round of 32. Vukovic played a crucial role in earning a clean sheet, making five saves as Slavia bombarded the
Joeys squad announced for next month's UEFA-hosted youth tournament in Turkey
Joeys Head Coach Trevor Morgan today confirmed Australia’s squad for next month’s UEFA-hosted youth tournament in Turkey. Twenty of Australia’s best youth footballers will travel to Antalya in March for matches against the host nation (4 March), Tanzania (6 March), and Guinea