We've picked out five key stats ahead of Tuesday night's crucial World Cup qualifier with Thailand.
• Australia are undefeated from their six previous encounters with Thailand, though their last meeting was the first time they failed to claim full points against them (W5, D1).
• Match day will mark 3,362 days since the Socceroos last lost a World Cup Qualification game on home turf (1-0 vs China at ANZ Stadium).
• Thailand have lost their last four World Cup Qualification fixtures away from home, conceding 12 goals and scoring only one of their own.
• Mile Jedinak scored a brace from the penalty spot when these teams last met; the first and thus far only time he’s found the back of the net twice in a single game. Sadly for the Aussies, their skipper will be missing for this game.
• Two of the last three goals scored by the Socceroos on home turf have come from outside the box, while Tomi Juric has scored three of Australia’s eight home goals at this stage overall.
Duke replaces Ikonomidis in Caltex Socceroos squad to face Korea Republic
Perth Glory’s Chris Ikonomidis will miss the upcoming friendly international with Korea Republic after scans revealed damage to his shoulder would require surgery. Caltex Socceroos Head Coach Graham Arnold said it was unfortunate, but after consultation with the club and the p
Jedinak’s presence huge boost for Villa ahead of lucrative playoff final
If Aston Villa have one thing in their favour in Tuesday morning’s (12am AEST) Championship playoff final against Derby County, it’s the presence of Mile Jedinak. The former Caltex Socceroos skipper is back at Wembley in the widely touted as the ‘richest game in world football
Aussies Abroad: Rogic’s Celtic make history after Scottish Cup final triumph
Tom Rogic’s Celtic has defeated Hearts in the Scottish Cup Final overnight to complete a remarkable ‘Treble’ and confirm themselves as the undisputed kings of Scottish football. The Bhoys were made to work hard for the win at Hampden Park though, falling behind early in the se
Caltex Socceroos defender Behich heading back to Turkey
Caltex Socceroos defender Aziz Behich has made a move back to Turkey, joining İstanbul Başakşehir FK on a three-year deal. After being unable to break into Mark van Bommel’s PSV side in the Eredivisie, the 28-year-old left-back has decided to join the Istanbul-based outfit whi