We've picked out five key stats ahead of Tuesday night's crucial World Cup qualifier with Thailand.
• Australia are undefeated from their six previous encounters with Thailand, though their last meeting was the first time they failed to claim full points against them (W5, D1).
• Match day will mark 3,362 days since the Socceroos last lost a World Cup Qualification game on home turf (1-0 vs China at ANZ Stadium).
• Thailand have lost their last four World Cup Qualification fixtures away from home, conceding 12 goals and scoring only one of their own.
• Mile Jedinak scored a brace from the penalty spot when these teams last met; the first and thus far only time he’s found the back of the net twice in a single game. Sadly for the Aussies, their skipper will be missing for this game.
• Two of the last three goals scored by the Socceroos on home turf have come from outside the box, while Tomi Juric has scored three of Australia’s eight home goals at this stage overall.
Fit and firing Behich sets sights on twin Caltex Socceroos wins
Caltex Socceroos full-back Aziz Behich is taking career-best form into what he hopes will be back-to-back wins at the beginning of Bert van Marwijk's tenure. Australia's 26-man squad have assembled in Oslo ahead of Van Marwijk's first match in charge against Norway on Saturday
Norway v Caltex Socceroos: 4 key match ups
Bert van Marwijk’s first match in charge as Caltex Socceroos boss sees his side take on tricky European outfit Norway at the Ullevaal Stadion on Saturday, March 24 (AEDT). With a chance for his players to stake a claim for a spot on the plane to Russia in June, it’s an importa
Ultimate Guide: Caltex Socceroos vs Norway and Colombia
Caltex Socceroos coach Bert van Marwijk has assembled a 26-man squad for this month's twin friendlies that will help determine his FIFA World Cup roster. The players on show against Norway and Colombia have the chance to show the new boss what they can do as they push to squee
Elder’s FA Cup dream ended by Southampton
The fairytale run of Australian defender Callum Elder and his Wigan Athletic in England’s FA Cup is over after their quarter-final loss to Southampton on Monday morning (AEDT). Wigan, who play in League One, went down 2-0 at the DW Stadium after second-half goals from Pierre-E