We've picked out five key stats ahead of Tuesday night's crucial World Cup qualifier with Thailand.
• Australia are undefeated from their six previous encounters with Thailand, though their last meeting was the first time they failed to claim full points against them (W5, D1).
• Match day will mark 3,362 days since the Socceroos last lost a World Cup Qualification game on home turf (1-0 vs China at ANZ Stadium).
• Thailand have lost their last four World Cup Qualification fixtures away from home, conceding 12 goals and scoring only one of their own.
• Mile Jedinak scored a brace from the penalty spot when these teams last met; the first and thus far only time he’s found the back of the net twice in a single game. Sadly for the Aussies, their skipper will be missing for this game.
• Two of the last three goals scored by the Socceroos on home turf have come from outside the box, while Tomi Juric has scored three of Australia’s eight home goals at this stage overall.
Young Socceroos shaded by Japan in SBS Cup opener
The Young Socceroos have been edged out 1-0 by Japan in their opening match at the SBS Cup in Shizuoka on Thursday. Taisei Miyashiro capitalised on an unfortunate Noah Pagden slip to score what proved the winner in the 26th minute. The narrow defeat came despite the presenc
Europa League preview: Playoff spots on the line for a host of Aussies
A number of Caltex Socceroos will be out to keep their European hopes alive with their clubs on Friday morning (AEST) as qualifying for this season’s UEFA Europa League heats up. As many as five Caltex Socceroos could be in action in the second leg ties, including striker Jami
Former Caltex Socceroos defender hangs up the boots
Former Caltex Socceroo defender and inaugural Western Sydney Wanderers captain Michael Beauchamp has called time on a storied career in football. Beauchamp retired following the final match of the 2018 NPL NSW season with Marconi Stallions, who ended their comeback year in the
Aussies Abroad: EFL Cup wrap
It might be early in the English football calendar but with the English Football League Cup commencing this morning, the season’s first silverware is now on the radar for the 92 participating clubs. Several Australian players were in action during a round one that saw multiple