Caltex Socceroos v Honduras: stats analysis
The Caltex Socceroos dominated large periods but couldn't find an elusive goal in a 0-0 draw with Honduras in San Pedro Sula on Saturday (AEDT).
Here's all the key stats and facts from the first leg of the Intercontinental World Cup play-off.
- The teams could not be separated in their first meeting; it was the Socceroos’ first nil-all draw since March 2013 against Macedonia and Honduras’ first nil-all draw at home since a 2004 World Cup Qualifier against Costa Rica.
- Australia have now failed to score a single goal in their three Intercontinental World Cup Qualifiers away from home, and were kept goalless in a World Cup Qualifier for just the second time in the last two years.
- Honduras picked up a fifth draw in their last eight World Cup Qualification games (W2, L1), though it was the first time they failed to score in a WCQ game since a 1-0 loss to Panama in November 2016.
- The Socceroos made their fewest passes (344) and their lowest passing accuracy (74%) of any game in the last 12 months.
- Bryan Beckeles (76) made more than 70 touches for the eighth time in this qualification campaign; no other Honduran player has done so more than three times.
Cahill's Millwall move: 4 burning questions
Tim Cahill's club future has been settled with a return to his first professional club Millwall confirmed for the remainder of the Championship season in England. After leaving Hyundai A-League club Melbourne City in December, Cahill will now look to get as much game time as p
Caltex Socceroos star Tim Cahill seals move to former club Millwall
Caltex Socceroos striker Tim Cahill has signed with former club Millwall until the end of the 2017/18 season, the club confirmed on Tuesday (AEDT). The 38-year-old returns to the Den after making more than 250 appearances for the Lions between 1998 and 2004. He scored an im