Caltex Socceroos v Honduras: stats analysis
The Caltex Socceroos dominated large periods but couldn't find an elusive goal in a 0-0 draw with Honduras in San Pedro Sula on Saturday (AEDT).
Here's all the key stats and facts from the first leg of the Intercontinental World Cup play-off.
- The teams could not be separated in their first meeting; it was the Socceroos’ first nil-all draw since March 2013 against Macedonia and Honduras’ first nil-all draw at home since a 2004 World Cup Qualifier against Costa Rica.
- Australia have now failed to score a single goal in their three Intercontinental World Cup Qualifiers away from home, and were kept goalless in a World Cup Qualifier for just the second time in the last two years.
- Honduras picked up a fifth draw in their last eight World Cup Qualification games (W2, L1), though it was the first time they failed to score in a WCQ game since a 1-0 loss to Panama in November 2016.
- The Socceroos made their fewest passes (344) and their lowest passing accuracy (74%) of any game in the last 12 months.
- Bryan Beckeles (76) made more than 70 touches for the eighth time in this qualification campaign; no other Honduran player has done so more than three times.
When are your Caltex Socceroos in action this weekend?
Mathew Leckie could win his first minutes of the season this weekend after shaking off an injury problem to get back out on the track for Hertha Berlin. Meanwhile, there's another big Premier League test in store for Mathew Ryan, while fierce rivalries are set to play out acro
YOUR SAY: Fans decide Tim Cahill's best Caltex Socceroos moment
Australian football fans have had their say and now Tim Cahill's greatest Caltex Socceroos moment can be revealed. LEGEND: Cahill to get Caltex Socceroos send-off in Lebanon game DON'T MISS OUT: Be there when we farewell a legend Ahead of his farewell to international foot
Aussies Abroad: Rogic and Vukovic prevail in UEFA Europa League openers
A bumper morning of UEFA Europa League fixtures produced mixed results for our Caltex Socceroos. Here's our wrap of all the morning action! PROGRESS REPORT: Awer Mabil assessed AUSSIES ABROAD: Degenek denies Napoli on UEFA Champions League debut MORE AUSSIES ABROAD: Arzan
'Pace and ability': Meulensteen excited by new artillery in Caltex Socceroos setup
He helped make Cristiano Ronaldo a superstar and now ex-Manchester United first-team coach Rene Meulensteen likes what he sees from Australia's emerging crop of attackers. The former Fulham manager and United youth guru worked with the Caltex Socceroos for the first time this