Caltex Socceroos flyer Mat Leckie has rediscovered his scoring touch since moving to new club Hertha Berlin in Germany's Bundesliga.
In great news for Ange Postecoglou ahead of Australia's make-or-break World Cup qualifiers against Syria next month, the attacker has been on fire to start the season.
But how does Leckie compare with one of the Bundesliga's biggest names, Bayern Munich's Polish super-striker Robert Lewandowski?
We crunch the Opta stats to find out.
- Both men have played all six of their side's league games this season.
- Lewandowski has scored seven goals this season, second only to Dortmund's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, while Leckie has hit the net four times.
- However, three of Lewandowski's goals have come from the penalty spot, while Leckie hasn't scored any of his goals in that fashion, so the pair have the same number of goals from open play.
- Leckie has won far more tackles with ten, compared to just a single tackle won by Lewandowski.
- The Caltex Socceroo has also been fouled more often in 2017/18, wining 13 free-kicks compared to eight by the Pole.
- The most impressive stat is Leckie's improvement since arriving at Hertha Berlin; he's scored four goals in six games, compared to just three goals in 71 previous Bundesliga matches for Mönchengladbach and Ingolstadt.
Duke replaces Ikonomidis in Caltex Socceroos squad to face Korea Republic
Perth Glory’s Chris Ikonomidis will miss the upcoming friendly international with Korea Republic after scans revealed damage to his shoulder would require surgery. Caltex Socceroos Head Coach Graham Arnold said it was unfortunate, but after consultation with the club and the p
Jedinak’s presence huge boost for Villa ahead of lucrative playoff final
If Aston Villa have one thing in their favour in Tuesday morning’s (12am AEST) Championship playoff final against Derby County, it’s the presence of Mile Jedinak. The former Caltex Socceroos skipper is back at Wembley in the widely touted as the ‘richest game in world football
Aussies Abroad: Rogic’s Celtic make history after Scottish Cup final triumph
Tom Rogic’s Celtic has defeated Hearts in the Scottish Cup Final overnight to complete a remarkable ‘Treble’ and confirm themselves as the undisputed kings of Scottish football. The Bhoys were made to work hard for the win at Hampden Park though, falling behind early in the se
Caltex Socceroos defender Behich heading back to Turkey
Caltex Socceroos defender Aziz Behich has made a move back to Turkey, joining İstanbul Başakşehir FK on a three-year deal. After being unable to break into Mark van Bommel’s PSV side in the Eredivisie, the 28-year-old left-back has decided to join the Istanbul-based outfit whi