Caltex Socceroos flyer Mat Leckie has rediscovered his scoring touch since moving to new club Hertha Berlin in Germany's Bundesliga.
In great news for Ange Postecoglou ahead of Australia's make-or-break World Cup qualifiers against Syria next month, the attacker has been on fire to start the season.
But how does Leckie compare with one of the Bundesliga's biggest names, Bayern Munich's Polish super-striker Robert Lewandowski?
We crunch the Opta stats to find out.
- Both men have played all six of their side's league games this season.
- Lewandowski has scored seven goals this season, second only to Dortmund's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, while Leckie has hit the net four times.
- However, three of Lewandowski's goals have come from the penalty spot, while Leckie hasn't scored any of his goals in that fashion, so the pair have the same number of goals from open play.
- Leckie has won far more tackles with ten, compared to just a single tackle won by Lewandowski.
- The Caltex Socceroo has also been fouled more often in 2017/18, wining 13 free-kicks compared to eight by the Pole.
- The most impressive stat is Leckie's improvement since arriving at Hertha Berlin; he's scored four goals in six games, compared to just three goals in 71 previous Bundesliga matches for Mönchengladbach and Ingolstadt.
When to watch your Caltex Socceroos this weekend
There's FA Cup action on the cards for two Australians this weekend as another prepares for a massive top-of-the-table encounter. Multiple players are involved in matches with major title ramifications, while Mark Milligan has a new manager to impress in Scotland. Read on t
Aussies Abroad: Vukovic keeps clean sheet as Genk earn crucial away result
Danny Vukovic was the only Caltex Socceroo in action on Friday morning (AEDT) as his Genk side secured a 0-0 away draw against Slavia Prague in the UEFA Europa League Round of 32. Vukovic played a crucial role in earning a clean sheet, making five saves as Slavia bombarded the
Joeys squad announced for next month's UEFA-hosted youth tournament in Turkey
Joeys Head Coach Trevor Morgan today confirmed Australia’s squad for next month’s UEFA-hosted youth tournament in Turkey. Twenty of Australia’s best youth footballers will travel to Antalya in March for matches against the host nation (4 March), Tanzania (6 March), and Guinea
Aussies Abroad: Missed opportunity for Luongo, Irvine in the Championship
It was a night of frustration for a couple of promotion-chasing Caltex Socceroos in the English Championship on Wednesday morning (AEDT). Massimo Luongo’s Queens Park Rangers travelled to Bristol City and looked on course for a crucial win as Matt Smith’s goal had them leading