Caltex Socceroos flyer Mat Leckie has rediscovered his scoring touch since moving to new club Hertha Berlin in Germany's Bundesliga.
In great news for Ange Postecoglou ahead of Australia's make-or-break World Cup qualifiers against Syria next month, the attacker has been on fire to start the season.
But how does Leckie compare with one of the Bundesliga's biggest names, Bayern Munich's Polish super-striker Robert Lewandowski?
We crunch the Opta stats to find out.
- Both men have played all six of their side's league games this season.
- Lewandowski has scored seven goals this season, second only to Dortmund's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, while Leckie has hit the net four times.
- However, three of Lewandowski's goals have come from the penalty spot, while Leckie hasn't scored any of his goals in that fashion, so the pair have the same number of goals from open play.
- Leckie has won far more tackles with ten, compared to just a single tackle won by Lewandowski.
- The Caltex Socceroo has also been fouled more often in 2017/18, wining 13 free-kicks compared to eight by the Pole.
- The most impressive stat is Leckie's improvement since arriving at Hertha Berlin; he's scored four goals in six games, compared to just three goals in 71 previous Bundesliga matches for Mönchengladbach and Ingolstadt.
Australia's inspirational skipper declares he's fit and ready for huge 2018
The Caltex Socceroos will have a fully fit skipper when they embark on their first match in the Bert van Marwijk era. Mile Jedinak sat alongside his new national coach at the pre-game media conference ahead of Saturday morning's clash with Norway in chilly Oslo. Australia’s
Milicic upbeat as Aussies aim to surprise world’s best in Russia
EXCLUSIVE Caltex Socceroos assistant coach Ante Milicic believes the extended training camp prior to World Cup 2018 will be pivotal in supercharging Australia’s chances in Russia. Bert van Marwijk’s Australians will be in camp in Turkey from May 19 to June 7. They'll also
Van Marwijk impressed by Caltex Socceroos ahead of Norway clash
Bert van Marwijk has declared himself impressed after his first training camp with the Caltex Socceroos coach. The Dutch mentor has spoken for the first time since bringing together his inaugural squad as Australia coach. “My first impression is very positive,” van Marwijk
5 key facts ahead of Caltex Socceroos v Norway
The Caltex Socceroos begin life under Bert van Marwijk in the early hours of Saturday morning (AEDT) when they take on Norway in Oslo in a crucial pre-2018 FIFA World Cup friendly. While Australia hasn’t fared well in friendly matches in recent years, they have never lost to N