Caltex Socceroos flyer Mat Leckie has rediscovered his scoring touch since moving to new club Hertha Berlin in Germany's Bundesliga.
In great news for Ange Postecoglou ahead of Australia's make-or-break World Cup qualifiers against Syria next month, the attacker has been on fire to start the season.
But how does Leckie compare with one of the Bundesliga's biggest names, Bayern Munich's Polish super-striker Robert Lewandowski?
We crunch the Opta stats to find out.
- Both men have played all six of their side's league games this season.
- Lewandowski has scored seven goals this season, second only to Dortmund's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, while Leckie has hit the net four times.
- However, three of Lewandowski's goals have come from the penalty spot, while Leckie hasn't scored any of his goals in that fashion, so the pair have the same number of goals from open play.
- Leckie has won far more tackles with ten, compared to just a single tackle won by Lewandowski.
- The Caltex Socceroo has also been fouled more often in 2017/18, wining 13 free-kicks compared to eight by the Pole.
- The most impressive stat is Leckie's improvement since arriving at Hertha Berlin; he's scored four goals in six games, compared to just three goals in 71 previous Bundesliga matches for Mönchengladbach and Ingolstadt.
Update to Young Socceroos squad for AFC U19 Championship
Football Federation Australia (FFA) has confirmed on Friday a change to the Young Socceroos squad that is competing at the 2018 AFC U19 Championship in Indonesia. Young Socceroos coach Ante Milicic has brought in Melbourne City FC’s Connor Metcalfe to replace Western Sydney Wa
When are your Caltex Socceroos in action this weekend?
Awer Mabil will be among the Aussies taking Caltex Socceroos form back to the club grind as Aaron Mooy braces for a huge Premier League test this weekend. Meanwhile, there's a match not to be missed in Scotland that's set to showcase several of our overseas stars. Read on t
Milicic calls for fast start to AFC U-19 Championship campaign
Ante Milicic has urged his Young Socceroos side not to waste a second at the AFC U-19 Championship as they prepare to meet Korea Republic on Friday night. A tournament-opening victory for either nation in Indonesia could prove crucial to progressing from a tricky Group C that