Caltex Socceroos flyer Mat Leckie has rediscovered his scoring touch since moving to new club Hertha Berlin in Germany's Bundesliga.
In great news for Ange Postecoglou ahead of Australia's make-or-break World Cup qualifiers against Syria next month, the attacker has been on fire to start the season.
But how does Leckie compare with one of the Bundesliga's biggest names, Bayern Munich's Polish super-striker Robert Lewandowski?
We crunch the Opta stats to find out.
- Both men have played all six of their side's league games this season.
- Lewandowski has scored seven goals this season, second only to Dortmund's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, while Leckie has hit the net four times.
- However, three of Lewandowski's goals have come from the penalty spot, while Leckie hasn't scored any of his goals in that fashion, so the pair have the same number of goals from open play.
- Leckie has won far more tackles with ten, compared to just a single tackle won by Lewandowski.
- The Caltex Socceroo has also been fouled more often in 2017/18, wining 13 free-kicks compared to eight by the Pole.
- The most impressive stat is Leckie's improvement since arriving at Hertha Berlin; he's scored four goals in six games, compared to just three goals in 71 previous Bundesliga matches for Mönchengladbach and Ingolstadt.
Aussies Abroad: Sainsbury’s PSV edge closer to Champions League group stage
Trent Sainsbury?s PSV Eindhoven have taken a step towards playing in this year?s UEFA Champions League after an incredible first-leg play-off win over Swiss side FC Basel on Wednesday morning (AEST). Sainsbury was an unused substitute as PSV came from behind to win the first l
Aussies Abroad: Suwon lose but Taggart scores again in K-League
K-League top goalscorer Adam Taggart scored his eighth goal in eight games for Suwon Bluewings in a 2-1 defeat to Seongnam on Sunday evening (AEST). The Caltex Socceroos striker?s 74th minute equaliser looked to have rescued a valuable point for the 10-man Bluewings, who saw M