Caltex Socceroos’ FIFA World Cup stats
Did you know Tim Cahill has scored five of Australia’s 11 FIFA World Cup goals? And he’s one of only nine players to have scored at each of the last three World Cups?
Check out these other top Opta stats ahead of Saturday’s 2018 World Cup draw.
- This will be Australia’s fifth World Cup appearance and fourth in a row.
- Australia played 22 qualifiers to win their place at Russia 2018, more than any other nation and scored 51 goals, the most of any country in qualifying for this tournament.
- Australia had only made one World Cup appearance prior to 2006, when they finished bottom of their group and didn’t score a single goal at the 1974 tournament.
- Australia have reached the knockout stages of the World Cup just once, when they were beaten 1-0 by eventual winners Italy in the round of 16 in 2006.
- The Caltex Socceroos have won just two of their 13 World Cup games, against Japan in 2006 (3-1) and Serbia in 2010 (2-1). They have also drawn three times.
- Australia has kept just one World Cup clean sheet, in a 0-0 draw with Chile in 1974.
- Mark Bresciano has played the most World Cup games for Australia with nine.
Update to Young Socceroos squad for AFC U19 Championship
Football Federation Australia (FFA) has confirmed on Friday a change to the Young Socceroos squad that is competing at the 2018 AFC U19 Championship in Indonesia. Young Socceroos coach Ante Milicic has brought in Melbourne City FC’s Connor Metcalfe to replace Western Sydney Wa
When are your Caltex Socceroos in action this weekend?
Awer Mabil will be among the Aussies taking Caltex Socceroos form back to the club grind as Aaron Mooy braces for a huge Premier League test this weekend. Meanwhile, there's a match not to be missed in Scotland that's set to showcase several of our overseas stars. Read on t
Milicic calls for fast start to AFC U-19 Championship campaign
Ante Milicic has urged his Young Socceroos side not to waste a second at the AFC U-19 Championship as they prepare to meet Korea Republic on Friday night. A tournament-opening victory for either nation in Indonesia could prove crucial to progressing from a tricky Group C that