Caltex Socceroos’ FIFA World Cup stats
Did you know Tim Cahill has scored five of Australia’s 11 FIFA World Cup goals? And he’s one of only nine players to have scored at each of the last three World Cups?
Check out these other top Opta stats ahead of Saturday’s 2018 World Cup draw.
- This will be Australia’s fifth World Cup appearance and fourth in a row.
- Australia played 22 qualifiers to win their place at Russia 2018, more than any other nation and scored 51 goals, the most of any country in qualifying for this tournament.
- Australia had only made one World Cup appearance prior to 2006, when they finished bottom of their group and didn’t score a single goal at the 1974 tournament.
- Australia have reached the knockout stages of the World Cup just once, when they were beaten 1-0 by eventual winners Italy in the round of 16 in 2006.
- The Caltex Socceroos have won just two of their 13 World Cup games, against Japan in 2006 (3-1) and Serbia in 2010 (2-1). They have also drawn three times.
- Australia has kept just one World Cup clean sheet, in a 0-0 draw with Chile in 1974.
- Mark Bresciano has played the most World Cup games for Australia with nine.
New dawn, new goal-scoring style says Arnold
Australia coach Graham Arnold has declared his Caltex Socceroos side will look to develop a new style in order to score more goals ahead of the 2019 AFC Asian Cup. It’s something of a new dawn for international football in Australia, with the FIFA World Cup™ in the rear-view m
Caltex Socceroos to face Korea Republic in Brisbane in November
Football Federation Australia (FFA), the Queensland Government and Brisbane City Council today announced that the Caltex Socceroos will host Korea Republic in an international friendly match at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane on Saturday, 17 November 2018. FFA CEO David Gallop was
How to get your tickets to see the Caltex Socceroos' play Korea Republic
Don’t miss your first chance to see Graham Arnold’s new look Caltex Socceroos live in action in Australia. Australia head to Brisbane for the first time since 2015 to take on Asian football powerhouse Korea Republic. ANNOUNCEMENT: A new era rises in Graham Arnold's first ma
A long standing rivalry: Caltex Socceroos’ history against Korea Republic
The Caltex Socceroos are set to fine-tune their preparations for their AFC Asian Cup title defence next year with a high-profile friendly against the Korea Republic in Brisbane. These two nations have forged quite a rivalry over the years – who could forget their last meeting