In a big few days of midweek fixtures, several Aussies starred in the Scottish League Cup Quarter Finals, Harry Souttar made his return for Leicester City and Brad Smith lifted the US Open Cup with Houston Dynamo.
Check out our wrap of all the recent action and preview of what is to come!
Starting in the Scottish League Cup Quarter Finals, where Keanu Baccus (cap #628) came off the bench in the 64th minute to score an equaliser to make it 2-2 against Hibernian before Martin Boyle (cap #599) smashed home what proved to be the winner before adding a late fourth to extend Nick Montgomery's undefeated start as manager to three matches.
James Jeggo (cap #601) also played a full game for Hibs alongside Olyroo Lewis Miller, who assisted the first goal. Ryan Strain (cap #624) also played a full game for St Mirren.
St Mirren face Kilmarnock while Hibernian host Dundee on Sunday at 12am (AEST) when they return to Scottish Premiership action.
Kye Rowles (cap #622) played another 90 minutes for Heart of Midlothian FC as they beat Kilmarnock 2-1 on Wednesday in the Scottish League Cup. Cameron Devlin (cap #625) also started and played the first half to celebrate his new contract.
Hearts recently exercised its club option to extend the Subway Socceroos midfielder's contract by a further year, keeping him at Tynecastle Park until June 2025.
Olyroo Calem Nieuwenhof also started the match and was substituted in the 91st minute.
The three Aussies are likely to return to Scottish Premiership action alongside Nathaniel Atkinson (cap #620) on Sunday at 12am (AEST) against Ross County.
Ryan McGowan's (cap #546) St Johnstone face Livingston on Sunday at 12am (AEST).
Dylan McGowan (cap #590) will be eager to continue his strong start to Scotland’s League One season when his Hamilton Academical host Annan Athletic on Saturday at 4:45am (AEST).
In the English mid-week Carabao Cup fixtures on Thursday, Harry Souttar (cap #606) made his return to the Leicester City starting lineup with a 90-minute display in a 3-1 loss to Liverpool. The 24-year-old completed 82% of his passes, made two successful tackles and seven clearances.
He could return to the Championship squad when the Foxes travel to Blackburn Rovers on Sunday at 10pm (AEDT).
Riley McGree (cap #609) also put in another impressive performance with an assist as Middlesbrough secured safe passage to the fourth round with a 2-0 victory over Bradford on Wednesday in the Carabao Cup.
McGree was substituted in the 72nd minute after backing up last weekend's goalscoring display with another impactful performance. The 24-year-old also recorded an impressive 97% passing accuracy rating and played eight passes into the final third. Meanwhile, Sammy Silvera (cap #634) also played 90 minutes and Tom Glover kept a clean sheet.
The Middlesbrough Aussies return to Championship action on Sunday at 12am (AEST) against Watford as they look to make it back-to-back wins to move up the table.
Elsewhere in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday, Massimo Luongo (cap #571) came off the bench in the 82nd minute as Ipswich Town knocked Premier League side Wolves out of the competition with a 3-2 win.
Luongo is likely to return to Championship action alongside Cameron Burgess (cap #633) on Sunday at 12am (AEST) against Huddersfield.
Over to League One, where Alexander Robertson (cap #630) could be in action again when Portsmouth travel to Wigan Athletic on Sunday at 12am (AEST).
Ashley Maynard-Brewer will look to force his way back into Charlton Athletic coach Michael Appleton’s plans ahead of Sunday’s clash with Shrewsbury at 12am (AEST) in League One as well.
Kenneth Dougall (cap #608) is also in League One action at the same time, as Blackpool take on Barnsley, while Callum Elder’s (cap #614) Derby County host Cambridge United.
In Saudi Arabia, Craig Goodwin (cap #562) came off the bench in the 63rd minute to help Al Wehda secure a 2-0 win over Connor Pain's (cap #565) side Al-Orobah FC in the Kings Cup of Champions on Thursday. Pain also came off the bench in the 73rd minute.
Goodwin could return to Saudi Pro League action on Sunday at 1am (AEST) when they face Al Fateh in a mid-table clash while Pain's Al-Orobah FC face Al-Qaisumah on Tuesday at 2:10am (AEDT) in Saudi Divison 1.
The Indian Super League also continued on Thursday as Dimitri Petratos (cap #593) played a full game while Jason Cummings (cap #626) also started, played 71 minutes, and assisted Mohan Bagan SG's only goal in a 1-0 win over Bengaluru.
They could feature again in the AFC Cup on Tuesday at 1am (AEDT) when they host Maziya.
Socceroos captain Maty Ryan (cap #555) started in between the sticks for AZ Alkmaar's 1-1 draw with Heracles in the Eredivisie clash on Friday.
He is likely to be in action on Monday at 1:45am (AEDT) when they host Fortuna Sittard.
Elsewhere in the Dutch top-flight, Garang Kuol (cap #627) will be looking to put in another positive display for FC Volendam when they face PSV on Sunday at 3:45am (AEDT).
In Italy's Serie B, Alessandro Circati started again and played a full game for Parma on Thursday as they beat Bari 2-1 to extend their lead at the top of the table. Circati won nine duels and recorded two interceptions, two blocks and two clearances.
He is likely to feature again on Monday at 3:30am (AEDT) when they face Cremonese.
In Switzerland, Awer Mabil (cap #597) came off the bench in the 77th minute for Grasshopper Club Zürich in a 2-1 loss to league leaders FC Zurich on Wednesday.
He is likely to appear again when they look to bounce back with another tough test against second-placed Young Boys on Sunday at 5:30am (AEDT).
In Germany, Connor Metcalfe (cap #611) will be looking to continue his hot run of form with another positive display when St. Pauli travel to Hertha BSC on Sunday at 1:30am (AEST) in the 2. Bundesliga.
In injury news, Jackson Irvine (cap #568) has resumed training as he continues his rehabilitation from an ankle injury.
In the Belgian First Division A, Jordan Bos (cap #632) could feature again for KVC Westerlo when they face GENK on Monday at 1am (AEDT) while Aiden O'Neill (cap #629) and his Standard Liege side face Oud-Heverlee Leuven on Sunday at 2:15am (AEST).
Jason Davidson (cap #545) will be eager to end a run of three straight defeats when his Eupen host the second-place side in Anderlecht on Sunday at 12am (AEST).
Denis Genreau (cap #610) could also be in action when Toulouse host Metz on Monday at 12am (AEDT) in Ligue 1.
Milos Degenek (cap #585) could feature in Serbie for FK Crvena Zvezda when they FK Radnički Niš on Sunday at 2:05am (AEST).
In Norway, Nick D’Agostino (cap #621) could appear for Viking FK against Molde on Monday at 1:30am (AEDT) as the league leaders look to maintain their buffer at the top of the Eliteserien. Subway Olyroo Patrick Yazbek is also expected to feature.
In Austria, James Holland (cap #508) could be in action for Austria Wien when they face Rapid Wien in the Austrian Bundesliga on Monday at 2am (AEDT).
In Qatar, Trent Sainsbury (cap #574) may feature for Al-Wakrah SC against Al-Rayyan on Saturday at 1am (AEST) in the Qatar Stars League.
Over to Japan, where Thomas Deng (cap #598) could feature in the J. League 1 when Albirex Niigata travel to Kawasaki on Friday at 8pm (AEST).
Mitch Langerak (cap #566) will hope to help push J. League 1 side Nagoya Grampus towards continental qualification on Saturday at 8pm (AEST) when they do battle with Sanfrecce.
Mitch Duke (cap #559) is set to feature for Machida Zelvia against Iwaki FC on Sunday at 4pm (AEDT), as the side continue their title push in the Japanese second division.
Harrison Delbridge (cap #623) is likely to feature in the K1 League for Incheon United when they face Suwon Bluewings on Saturday at 8pm (AEST).
In the United States, Brad Smith (cap #575) came off the bench in the 79th minute off the bench for Houston Dynamo as they beat Lionel Messi's Inter Miami to claim the US Open Cup trophy on Thursday.
Smith could feature for Houston Dynamo on Sunday 11:30am (AEDT) when they host FC Dallas. Dynamo are in fourth while Dallas need a win to remain in a play-off position in the Western Conference.
Starting in the English Carabao Cup, where Tyrese Francois was an unused substitute as Fulham beat Norwich 2-1 on Thursday. He could feature on the bench in the Premier League when they face Chelsea on Tuesday at 6am (AEDT).
Elsewhere in the Cup, Nicholas Bilokapic was in goal as Peterborough United drew 2-2 with Mansfield Town before losing 3-1 on penalties on Wednesday. He could feature again in League One on Sunday at 12am (AEST) against Bristol Rovers.
As mentioned, Calem Nieuwenhof played 91 minutes for Hearts on Wednesday in the Cup as they beat Kilmarnock 2-1. He is likely to return to Scottish Premiership action on Sunday at 12am (AEST) against Ross County.
Over to the Championship, Nectarios Triantis could feature for Sunderland on Saturday at 5am (AEST) when they host Sheffield Wednesday.
In League One, Cameron Peupion could be in action for Cheltenham Town when they face Lincoln City on Sunday at 12 am (AEST).
In League Two, Jay Rich-Baghuelou will likely play for Accrington Stanley when they face Stockport on Sunday at 12am (AEST).
As mentioned, Patrick Yazbek could appear for table-toppers Viking against Molde on Monday at 1:30am (AEDT) as the league leaders look to maintain their buffer at the top of the Eliteserien.
In Poland, Louis D'Arrigo could feature again for Lechia Gdańsk when they face Nieciecza on Monday at 12am (AEDT). D'Arrigo started and played 76 minutes in a 2-1 loss to Wisła Kraków on Friday.
Subway Young Socceroos/U18
Adrian Segecic could feature for FC Dordrecht against FC Eindhoven on Saturday at 4am (AEST).
In Norway, Keegan Jelacic could get some minutes for Stabaek when they host Tromso on Saturday at 11pm (AEST).
More Aussies in Action
- In League One, Jack Iredale could be in action for Bolton when they face Port Vale on Sunday at 12am (AEST). Iredale started and played 67 minutes on Wednesday in the 8-1 Football League Trophy win over Manchester United U21.
- In League Two, Dean Bouzanis is likely to be on the bench for Sutton United FC when they take on Crawley Town on Sunday at 12 am (AEST). He was on the bench on Wednesday in the 2-1 Cup loss to Port Vale.
- In Serie A, Cristian Volpato could feature for Sassuolo when they host Monza on Tuesday at 3:30am (AEDT). He was an unused substitute on Wednesday as they beat Inter Milan 2-1.
- In Germany's 2. Bundesliga, John Iredale could feature for Wehen Wiesbaden against Hannover 96 on Saturday at 9pm (AEST).
- In Croatia, Anthony Kalik may feature for Hajduk Split as they host Dinamo Zagreb on Monday at 3am (AEDT).
- In Spain's LaLiga 2, Ryan Edwards could feature for SD Amorebieta when they face FC Cartagena on Monday at 3:30am (AEDT).
- Tete Yengi is likely to get on the field in Finland for Kuopion Palloseura when they travel to SJK on Monday at 2am (AEDT).
- Mohamed Toure will seek to build on last week's goal for Paris FC in Ligue 2 when they play away to Annecy on Sunday at 4am (AEDT). Toure came off the bench in the 78th minute on Wednesday as they lost 1-0 to Stade Laval.
- Zach Duncan could feature in Denmark for AGF Aarhus, looking to end a run of one win in their last five games when they travel to Viborg FC at 3am (AEDT) on Monday.
- In J. League 2, Stefan Mauk could be in action when Fagiano Okayama host JEF United on Sunday at 4pm (AEDT).
- On Thursday night, Alexander Grant is likely to start for Pohang Steelers when they take on Ulsan FC on Saturday at 3pm (AEST).
- Lachlan Jackson's Suwon FC will host FC Seoul on Saturday at 3pm (AEST) in K1 League action.
- Aaron Calver could also be in K League 1 action for Gwangju on Sunday at 6:30pm (AEDT) when they face Jeju.
- Brendan Hamill put in a strong defensive display for Mohun Bagan SG on Wednesday after coming off the bench in the 71st minute in the Indian Super League. He is likely to feature again in the AFC Cup on Tuesday at 1am (AEDT) when they host Maziya.
- Shane Lowry could feature in the AFC Champions League on Tuesday at 11pm (AEDT) when Johor Darul Ta'zim face BG Pathum.
- In the K2 League, Panagiotis Makrillos could feature for Cheongju FC against Bucheon 1995 on Sunday at 3:30pm (AEDT).
- Patrick Flottmann's Seongnam FC also face Anyang on Saturday at 2:30pm (AEDT) in the K2 League.
- Panagiotis Armenakas could be in action for Phoenix Rising when they face Orange County FC on Sunday at 1:30pm (AEDT).