The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) have approved dates for the remaining Asian Qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 and the AFC Asian Cup China 2023.
Having been postponed since March 2020, the remaining Round 2 matches should be completed by June 15, 2021.
Matchday 7 and 8 are set for March 2021, and Matchday 9 and 10 for June 2021. Round 3 of the Asian Qualifiers will then begin in September 2021 and finish by March 2022.
The Socceroos are top of Group B after winning the opening four games, scoring 16 and conceding just one goal along the way.
Our next games would be set for March 2021 against Kuwait and Nepal, and then finishing up against Chinese Taipei and Jordan in June 2021.
The AFC Committee also agreed that the previously postponed AFC U-19 Championship will be staged in Uzbekistan between March 3 to 20, 2021.
However, the dates for the AFC U-16 Championship, also postponed from 2020, are to be further discussed.
- Remaining Round 2 Qualifiers set for March 2021 and June 2021
- Round 3 Qualifiers to begin in September 2021 and finish by March 2022
- The Asian Play-off for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 is proposed as a single match
- AFC U-19 Championship to be staged in Uzbekistan in March 2021
- China no longer to host AFC U23 Asian Cup 2022. Bidding process now underway