Socceroo Tommy Oar has revealed he is set to leave Utrecht when his contract expires at the end of the season.
The 23-year-old winger has been repeatedly linked with a move away from Stadion Galgenwaard in the past 12 months.
And the former Brisbane Roar FC man has now confirmed he will seek a new challenge at the end of the 2014-15 campaign.
"I've notified Utrecht that I won't be re-signing," Oar told FourFourTwo Australia
"I was completely honest with them at the end of January, when I knew I was staying for the rest of the season.
"I'm at a good age in my career. I'm looking to take the next step in my career and my development.
Oar, who struggled for game time during Australia's run to Asian Cup glory last month, has been touted as a target of Ajax, but the man himself claims no formal contract has been made with the Eredivisie champions.
"The press in Holland is always saying a lot about that, but I still haven't heard anything about it," he said.
"I'm not sure about the whole Ajax situation. Of course, it's a great team, but there's a lot of great teams not only in Holland but also in Europe.
"The main thing is to go somewhere where I have a good chance to play regular football and develop my game."
Refreshed Ryan ready for big year with club and country
Mat Ryan says an off-season trip home to Australia with family and friends has him primed for a big year ahead for Brighton and the Caltex Socceroos. The 27-year-old shot-stopper has rarely had an off-season break in recent years as he mixes Premier League football with his co
‘That sums up their passion’: Caltex Socceroos skipper witnesses awesome Matildas moment
Socceroos captain Mark Milligan and coach Graham Arnold were among the ecstatic Australian support watching the Matildas’ stunning comeback victory over Brazil on Friday morning (AEST). The Matildas recorded one of the most remarkable results in FIFA Women’s World Cup history
Caltex Socceroos to participate in Copa America 2020
Football Federation Australia (FFA) today confirmed it had accepted an invitation from the South American Football Confederation (CONMEBOL) for the Caltex Socceroos to participate in the Copa America next year. FFA Chairman Chris Nikou said this was a huge opportunity for Aust