The Socceroos and Korea Republic will play before a capacity crowd of almost 80,000 fans in tomorrow's night AFC Asian Cup final, with the match at Stadium Australia officially sold-out.
It is the eighth sell-out for the tournament which has already seen 561, 178 fans attend 30 matches over 21 days in five cities – five of those sell-outs being for Socceroos’ games.
The Socceroos have attracted more than 190,000 fans so far to their five matches in Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney and Newcastle (average of 38,233) ahead of the finale tomorrow against Korea Republic.
Ticketholders are urged to take advantage of free public transport and arrive early and enjoy the pre-match activities in the precinct.
Stadium Ticket Offices open from 5pm with gates opening from 5.30pm. Please note that only the credit card holder may collect tickets, and must present the credit card used for the transaction and valid photo ID.
For tonight’s 3rd place play-off at Newcastle Stadium between UAE and Iraq, Stadium Ticket Offices open from 5pm with gates opening from 5.30pm.
Stadium Australia Public Transport and Traffic Information
- All valid pre-purchased AFC Asian Cup match tickets include travel on public transport to and from the stadium on match day.
- This includes train services (bounded by Bomaderry, Goulburn, Bathurst and Dungog stations), regular and special event buses (Please note: Sydney Olympic Park Major event buses will not operate for all matches), Sydney Ferries and light rail services.
- For more information visit the dedicated AFC Asian Cup transport page at transportnsw.info
- For those who plan to drive, expect heavy traffic on roads approaching Sydney Olympic Park, including the M4, Concord Road and Homebush Bay Drive. It is recommended to pre-book your parking spaces. You can pre-book parking via:
o Sydney Olympic Park Authority: Book online and print your ticket at home:
o Please note: pre-booked parking tickets cannot be booked on the day of the event.
- For the latest traffic information, visit www.livetraffic.com, download Live Traffic NSW for iPhone® and iPad from the App StoreSM, download Live Traffic NSW for AndroidTM from Google Play, or call 132 701.
- For timetables, maps and trip planning visit www.transportnsw.info, download a train or bus app from the App Store or Google Play, or call 131 500.
N.B. The last bus will depart 60 minutes after the end of the match. If the match goes to extra-time/penalties, the buses will wait with the last bus departing 45 mins after the end of the match.
Saturday night's AFC Asian Cup final between the Socceroos and Korea Republic will be broadcast LIVE on Fox Sports 505 and LIVE on ABC 1 from 8pm AEDT.
Refreshed Ryan ready for big year with club and country
Mat Ryan says an off-season trip home to Australia with family and friends has him primed for a big year ahead for Brighton and the Caltex Socceroos. The 27-year-old shot-stopper has rarely had an off-season break in recent years as he mixes Premier League football with his co
‘That sums up their passion’: Caltex Socceroos skipper witnesses awesome Matildas moment
Socceroos captain Mark Milligan and coach Graham Arnold were among the ecstatic Australian support watching the Matildas’ stunning comeback victory over Brazil on Friday morning (AEST). The Matildas recorded one of the most remarkable results in FIFA Women’s World Cup history
Caltex Socceroos to participate in Copa America 2020
Football Federation Australia (FFA) today confirmed it had accepted an invitation from the South American Football Confederation (CONMEBOL) for the Caltex Socceroos to participate in the Copa America next year. FFA Chairman Chris Nikou said this was a huge opportunity for Aust