The Socceroos and Korea Republic will play before a capacity crowd of almost 80,000 fans in tomorrow's night AFC Asian Cup final, with the match at Stadium Australia officially sold-out.
It is the eighth sell-out for the tournament which has already seen 561, 178 fans attend 30 matches over 21 days in five cities – five of those sell-outs being for Socceroos’ games.
The Socceroos have attracted more than 190,000 fans so far to their five matches in Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney and Newcastle (average of 38,233) ahead of the finale tomorrow against Korea Republic.
Ticketholders are urged to take advantage of free public transport and arrive early and enjoy the pre-match activities in the precinct.
Stadium Ticket Offices open from 5pm with gates opening from 5.30pm. Please note that only the credit card holder may collect tickets, and must present the credit card used for the transaction and valid photo ID.
For tonight’s 3rd place play-off at Newcastle Stadium between UAE and Iraq, Stadium Ticket Offices open from 5pm with gates opening from 5.30pm.
Stadium Australia Public Transport and Traffic Information
- All valid pre-purchased AFC Asian Cup match tickets include travel on public transport to and from the stadium on match day.
- This includes train services (bounded by Bomaderry, Goulburn, Bathurst and Dungog stations), regular and special event buses (Please note: Sydney Olympic Park Major event buses will not operate for all matches), Sydney Ferries and light rail services.
- For more information visit the dedicated AFC Asian Cup transport page at transportnsw.info
- For those who plan to drive, expect heavy traffic on roads approaching Sydney Olympic Park, including the M4, Concord Road and Homebush Bay Drive. It is recommended to pre-book your parking spaces. You can pre-book parking via:
o Sydney Olympic Park Authority: Book online and print your ticket at home:
o Please note: pre-booked parking tickets cannot be booked on the day of the event.
- For the latest traffic information, visit www.livetraffic.com, download Live Traffic NSW for iPhone® and iPad from the App StoreSM, download Live Traffic NSW for AndroidTM from Google Play, or call 132 701.
- For timetables, maps and trip planning visit www.transportnsw.info, download a train or bus app from the App Store or Google Play, or call 131 500.
N.B. The last bus will depart 60 minutes after the end of the match. If the match goes to extra-time/penalties, the buses will wait with the last bus departing 45 mins after the end of the match.
Saturday night's AFC Asian Cup final between the Socceroos and Korea Republic will be broadcast LIVE on Fox Sports 505 and LIVE on ABC 1 from 8pm AEDT.
Young Socceroos lift AFF U-18 Championship after thrilling, late winner
Lachlan Brook hit a late match-winner as the Young Socceroos secured the 2019 AFF U-18 Championship title with a 1-0 victory over Malaysia. Adelaide United forward Brook broke the deadlock in the 79th minute with a delicate finish over Malaysian goalkeeper Firdaus Iman Mohd Fa
Aussies Abroad: Behich makes debut for İstanbul Basaksehir
Caltex Socceroos defender Aziz Behich made his Turkish Super Lig debut for Istanbul Basaksehir but his new side fell to a 3-0 defeat in the season opener against Yeni Malatyaspor. Behich started alongside the likes of ex-Chelsea striker Demba Ba and former Bundesliga star Elje
Aussies Abroad: Mooy makes Brighton bow as Ryan helps secure draw with West Ham
Aaron Mooy made his Brighton & Hove Albion debut as Mat Ryan?s late heroics earned the Seagulls a share of the points against West Ham United. Javier Hernandez put the Hammers ahead on 61 minutes but Leandro Trossard?s struck four minutes later to restore parity in the Premier
Aussies Abroad: Taggart's hot streak continues with treble for Suwon against Gangwon
Adam Taggart hit his first hat-trick in more than five years to continue his scorching hot K-League goalscoring streak. The Caltex Socceroos hitman netted a treble in Suwon Bluewings? 3-1 victory at Gangwon FC to rack up 16 goals in 19 starts since his February move to the Kor