Qantas Socceroos Abroad
The latest on how our players are doing in the final week before the FIFA World Cup squad is finalised
· Nikita Rukavystya played 38 minutes in Roeselare-s 2-2 draw at Eupen in the promotion/relegation playoff.
· Nathan Burns played a full game in FC Corfu-s 0-0 draw at home to Pierikos Katerini.
· Carl Valeri played a full game in Sassuolo-s 4-1 win at Salernitana.
· Luke Wilkshire played a full game in Dinamo Moscow-s 2-0 win at home to Alaniya Vladikavkaz.
· Scott Chipperfield played 61 minutes and scored the goal that clinched the Swiss title in Basel-s 2-0 final win over Young Boys.
· Mile Jedinak played a full game in Antalyaspor-s 4-0 win at home to Kayserispor. James Troisi came on at half time for the visitors.
· Josh Kennedy scored in Nagoya Grampus- 4-1 win over Kashima Antlers. The striker became the J-League-s top scorer in the process.
Opponent Watch: Peruvian star hospitalised ahead of Socceroos clash
Peru’s preparation for the crucial Group C clash against the Socceroos has suffered a blow with a star attacker sent to hospital after he was knocked unconscious in training. There’s been some high praise for a couple of French strikers while Denmark let their hair down with s
Russia Watch: Germany saved embarrassment by late Kroos winner
Germany has come back from the brink of a humiliating early FIFA World Cup™ exit, scoring a stoppage-time winner to break Swedish hearts. Elsewhere, Javier Hernandez scored a landmark goal as Mexico continued their dream start to the tournament, while Belgium put in a five-sta
Day 35 Wrap: Sightseeing, cards and haircuts on rare day off
The Caltex Socceroos may be just three days away from their must-win FIFA World Cup™ clash against Peru but coach Bert van Marwijk gave the players a rare day off to recharge the batteries. While Saturday morning’s usual media commitments – where three players are put up for p