Qantas Socceroos Abroad
The latest on how our players are doing in the final week before the FIFA World Cup squad is finalised
· Nikita Rukavystya played 38 minutes in Roeselare-s 2-2 draw at Eupen in the promotion/relegation playoff.
· Nathan Burns played a full game in FC Corfu-s 0-0 draw at home to Pierikos Katerini.
· Carl Valeri played a full game in Sassuolo-s 4-1 win at Salernitana.
· Luke Wilkshire played a full game in Dinamo Moscow-s 2-0 win at home to Alaniya Vladikavkaz.
· Scott Chipperfield played 61 minutes and scored the goal that clinched the Swiss title in Basel-s 2-0 final win over Young Boys.
· Mile Jedinak played a full game in Antalyaspor-s 4-0 win at home to Kayserispor. James Troisi came on at half time for the visitors.
· Josh Kennedy scored in Nagoya Grampus- 4-1 win over Kashima Antlers. The striker became the J-League-s top scorer in the process.
Aussies Abroad: Nabbout, Urawa Red Diamonds win Emperors Cup final
Andrew Nabbout emerged an Emperors Cup Final winner with Urawa Red Diamonds after the J-League outfit defeated Vegalta Sendai 1-0 yesterday evening. Nabbout was an unused substitute as the Reds clinched the trophy thanks to an early strike from Tomoya Ugajin. It is Urawa’s
'Amazing reward': Cahill to feature in FIFA World Football Museum
A pair of Tim Cahill’s boots will join items like the FIFA World Cup trophy, match balls from some of football’s biggest occasions and rare match-worn shirts in FIFA’s World Football Museum in Switzerland. The Caltex Socceroos legend revealed on Instagram on Sunday morning (AE
Boyle given 'all clear' following 'nasty collision'
Caltex Socceroos attacker Martin Boyle has been given the “all clear” following a head knock in Hibernian’s Scottish Premiership win at Hamilton Academical on Sunday morning (AEDT). Boyle needed lengthy treatment before half time after clashing with Hamilton’s Gary Woods and s
Aussies Abroad: Rogic helps Celtic to big win, Mooy suffers late loss
Caltex Socceroos midfielder Tom Rogic provided an assist as Celtic thumped Kilmarnock 5-1 to leapfrog their opponents and move to the top of the Scottish Premiership table. But Huddersfield Town suffered a heartbreaking defeat, with Arsenal needing a late moment of magic to do