Qantas Socceroos Abroad
We resume a wrap of Socceroos in action for their overseas clubs.
- Adam Federici played a full game in Reading-s 2-1 loss at home to Scunthorpe United.
- Richard Garcia played 77 minutes in Hull City-s 2-0 win over Swansea.
- Neil Kilkenny played 77 minutes of Leeds United-s 2-1 loss to Derby.
- Scott McDonald played a full game and scored in Middlesbrough-s 3-1 home loss to Ipswich.
- David Carney played a full match in FC Twente-s 0-0 draw away to Roda JC.
- Brett Holman played 72 minutes of AZ Alkmaar-s 1-1 draw at NAC Breda.
- Ante Covic played a full game in Elfsborg-s 3-1 win away to Halmstad.
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PLAYOFFS
First legs 17/18, second legs 24/25 August
- Retired Socceroo Scott Chipperfield-s Basel will line up against Sheriff (Moldova).
EUROPA LEAGUE PLAYOFFS
First legs August 19, second legs August 26
- Harry Kewell and Lucas Neill-s Galatasaray have been drawn to play Karpaty (Ukraine).
- Nathan Burns-s AEK Athens will line up against Dundee United (Scotland).
- Ante Covic-s Elfsborg will play Napoli (Italy).
- Brett Holman and James Holland-s AZ Alkmaar face Aktobe (Kazakhstan).
- Tommy Oar-s FC Utrecht have been drawn against Celtic (Scotland).
- Shane Lowry-s Aston Villa will face Rapid Vienna (Austria).
- Josh Kennedy played a full game in Nagoya-s 1-0 win away to FC Tokyo.
- Matthew Spiranovic played a full game in Urawa Reds- 1-0 loss at Vissel Kobe.
- Mark Milligan received two yellow cards in JEF United-s 1-1 draw away to Sagan Tosu.
Aussies Abroad: Sainsbury denies former club Inter in first UEFA Champions League start
Two Caltex Socceroos defenders were involved in key UEFA Champions League matches on Wednesday morning (AEDT). Milos Degenek’s Red Star Belgrade took on the might of Paris Saint Germain, featuring Neymar and Kylian Mbappe, while Trent Sainsbury went to former club Inter Milan
Aussies Abroad: Nabbout, Urawa Red Diamonds win Emperors Cup final
Andrew Nabbout emerged an Emperors Cup Final winner with Urawa Red Diamonds after the J-League outfit defeated Vegalta Sendai 1-0 yesterday evening. Nabbout was an unused substitute as the Reds clinched the trophy thanks to an early strike from Tomoya Ugajin. It is Urawa’s
'Amazing reward': Cahill to feature in FIFA World Football Museum
A pair of Tim Cahill’s boots will join items like the FIFA World Cup trophy, match balls from some of football’s biggest occasions and rare match-worn shirts in FIFA’s World Football Museum in Switzerland. The Caltex Socceroos legend revealed on Instagram on Sunday morning (AE
Boyle given 'all clear' following 'nasty collision'
Caltex Socceroos attacker Martin Boyle has been given the “all clear” following a head knock in Hibernian’s Scottish Premiership win at Hamilton Academical on Sunday morning (AEDT). Boyle needed lengthy treatment before half time after clashing with Hamilton’s Gary Woods and s