Qantas Socceroos Abroad
We resume a wrap of Socceroos in action for their overseas clubs.
- Adam Federici played a full game in Reading-s 2-1 loss at home to Scunthorpe United.
- Richard Garcia played 77 minutes in Hull City-s 2-0 win over Swansea.
- Neil Kilkenny played 77 minutes of Leeds United-s 2-1 loss to Derby.
- Scott McDonald played a full game and scored in Middlesbrough-s 3-1 home loss to Ipswich.
- David Carney played a full match in FC Twente-s 0-0 draw away to Roda JC.
- Brett Holman played 72 minutes of AZ Alkmaar-s 1-1 draw at NAC Breda.
- Ante Covic played a full game in Elfsborg-s 3-1 win away to Halmstad.
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PLAYOFFS
First legs 17/18, second legs 24/25 August
- Retired Socceroo Scott Chipperfield-s Basel will line up against Sheriff (Moldova).
EUROPA LEAGUE PLAYOFFS
First legs August 19, second legs August 26
- Harry Kewell and Lucas Neill-s Galatasaray have been drawn to play Karpaty (Ukraine).
- Nathan Burns-s AEK Athens will line up against Dundee United (Scotland).
- Ante Covic-s Elfsborg will play Napoli (Italy).
- Brett Holman and James Holland-s AZ Alkmaar face Aktobe (Kazakhstan).
- Tommy Oar-s FC Utrecht have been drawn against Celtic (Scotland).
- Shane Lowry-s Aston Villa will face Rapid Vienna (Austria).
- Josh Kennedy played a full game in Nagoya-s 1-0 win away to FC Tokyo.
- Matthew Spiranovic played a full game in Urawa Reds- 1-0 loss at Vissel Kobe.
- Mark Milligan received two yellow cards in JEF United-s 1-1 draw away to Sagan Tosu.
In-form Vukovic earns Genk contract extension
Caltex Socceroos goalkeeper Danny Vukovic has been rewarded for his excellent form with a two-season contract extension at Belgian club KRC Genk. The 33-year-old's deal was due to expire at the end of the campaign but the Pro League leaders have taken up their option to extend
Aussies Abroad: Vukovic’s Genk beaten in battle of Belgium’s top two
Danny Vukovic’s Genk remain well clear on top of the table despite falling to a rare defeat in Belgium against Club Brugge overnight. In a meeting of the competition’s top two at the Jan Breydel Stadion, Genk were beaten the fired-up home side, going down 3-1. There was lit
Aussies Abroad: Ryan’s Brighton through to Quarter-Finals while Milligan, Giannou pick up strong results
There were a handful of Caltex Socceroos in action on Sunday morning (AEDT) while some key figures were rested as their clubs negotiated cup ties. Firstly to Europe where Mark Milligan played a full 90 at the heart of Hibernian’s midfield as they welcomed new manager Danny Hec
Aussies Abroad: Luongo gallant in Watford defeat
Caltex Socceroos midfielder Massimo Luongo can turn his attention to the EFLChampionship after QPR crashed out of the FA Cup on Saturday morning (AEDT). The 26-year-old played the full 90 minutes in QPR’s 1-0 loss to Watford at Loftus Road, in a tight game where each side cou