Qantas Socceroos Abroad
We resume a wrap of Socceroos in action for their overseas clubs.
- Adam Federici played a full game in Reading-s 2-1 loss at home to Scunthorpe United.
- Richard Garcia played 77 minutes in Hull City-s 2-0 win over Swansea.
- Neil Kilkenny played 77 minutes of Leeds United-s 2-1 loss to Derby.
- Scott McDonald played a full game and scored in Middlesbrough-s 3-1 home loss to Ipswich.
- David Carney played a full match in FC Twente-s 0-0 draw away to Roda JC.
- Brett Holman played 72 minutes of AZ Alkmaar-s 1-1 draw at NAC Breda.
- Ante Covic played a full game in Elfsborg-s 3-1 win away to Halmstad.
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PLAYOFFS
First legs 17/18, second legs 24/25 August
- Retired Socceroo Scott Chipperfield-s Basel will line up against Sheriff (Moldova).
EUROPA LEAGUE PLAYOFFS
First legs August 19, second legs August 26
- Harry Kewell and Lucas Neill-s Galatasaray have been drawn to play Karpaty (Ukraine).
- Nathan Burns-s AEK Athens will line up against Dundee United (Scotland).
- Ante Covic-s Elfsborg will play Napoli (Italy).
- Brett Holman and James Holland-s AZ Alkmaar face Aktobe (Kazakhstan).
- Tommy Oar-s FC Utrecht have been drawn against Celtic (Scotland).
- Shane Lowry-s Aston Villa will face Rapid Vienna (Austria).
- Josh Kennedy played a full game in Nagoya-s 1-0 win away to FC Tokyo.
- Matthew Spiranovic played a full game in Urawa Reds- 1-0 loss at Vissel Kobe.
- Mark Milligan received two yellow cards in JEF United-s 1-1 draw away to Sagan Tosu.
Statement: Optus' FIFA World Cup™ coverage
Like all football fans in Australia, FFA has been very disappointed by the technical problems which have so affected the FIFA World Cup coverage by Optus. Optus’ broadcasting agreement is with FIFA not FFA, but FFA is receiving regular updates from both Optus and SBS to see wh
Opponent Watch: Denmark midfielder ruled out of FIFA World Cup™
France have played out a difficult training game against an Under-19 club opponent while Denmark have seen one of their key midfielders ruled out of the tournament with an injury. Plus the latest on Peru in this edition of Opponent Watch. DAY 29 WRAP: France game dissected
Revealed: What Jedinak said to Socceroos teammates after loss
Socceroos skipper Mile Jedinak has explained what he said to teammates in a huddle following the narrow 2-1 loss to France at the FIFA World Cup™. Jedinak, who scored Australia’s goal from the penalty spot, was picked in midfield alongside Aaron Mooy and the duo produced a ste
The star a nation is built around: Denmark's key men
Denmark is the next name on the Socceroos’ list as they head to Samara for the second Group C fixture on Thursday night (AEST) – you can catch it at 10pm AEST on SBS and Optus Sport. Ranked 12th in the world, Denmark finished second in their qualifying group behind Poland and