Qantas Socceroos Abroad
All the latest news about our national team's stars overseas.
- Tim Cahill played a full game and scored in Everton-s 1-1 draw with Wolves.
- Brett Emerton came on in the 65th minute of Blackburn-s 2-1 loss away to Birmingham City.
- Adam Federici played a full game in Reading-s 1-1 draw with Nottingham Forrest.
- Richard Garcia came on in the 69th minute of Hull City-s scoreless draw against Watford.
- Neil Kilkenny played 90 minutes of Leeds United-s 3-1 win over Millwall.
- Scott McDonald played a full game in Middlesbrough-s 1-0 win over Sheffield United.
- Nikita Rukavytsya played 68 minutes of Hertha Berlin-s 3-2 win over Rot-Weiss Oberhausen.
- Adrian Madaschi played a full game in Portosummaga-s 2-0 win over Cittadella.
- Brett Holman played the full match in AZ Alkmaar-s 3-1 loss away to PSV Eindhoven.
- Tommy Oar came on in the 80th minute of FC Utrecht-s 3-0 win over Willem II.
- Luke WIlkshire played a full match in Dinamo Moscow-s 3-0 win over Lokomotiv Moscow.
- Ante Covic came on in the 57th minute of Elfsborg-s 1-1 draw with Hacken.
- Retired Socceroo Scott Chipperfield played 73 minutes in Basel-s 1-1 draw with FC Thun.
- Harry Kewell and Lucas Neill played a full game in Galatasaray-s 2-0 home loss to Bursaspor.
- Mile Jedinak played 90 minutes in Genclerbirligi-s 0-0 draw with Gaziantepspor.
- James Troisi played a full game in Kayserispor-s 1-0 win over Karabukspor.
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PLAYOFFS
First legs (Second legs to be played August 24)
- Retired Socceroo Scott Chipperfield-s came on in the 88th minute of Basel-s 1-0 home win over Sheriff (Moldova).
EUROPA LEAGUE PLAYOFFS
First legs - August 19 (Second legs to be played August 26)
- Harry Kewell and Lucas Neill both played a full match as Galatasaray earned a 2-2 home draw against Karpaty Lviv (Ukraine) after being 2-0 down.
- Nathan Burns came on in the 71st minute of AEK Athens- 1-0 away win over Dundee United (Scotland).
- Brett Holman played 77 minutes and scored the opening goal in AZ Alkmaar-s 2-0 home win over Aktobe (Kazakhstan).
- Ryan Griffiths received a red card while Joel Griffiths came on in the 79th minute of Beijing Guoan-s 2-2 draw with Henan.
- Josh Kennedy played a full game and scored the final goal in Nagoya Grampus- 3-1 win over Gamba Osaka.
- Matthew Spiranovic played a full game and scored in Urawa Reds- 4-1 win over Shonan Bellmare.
Disappointment for Vukovic in Belgium Cup final
Caltex Socceroos gloveman Danny Vukovic has suffered heartbreak in the Belgium Cup final, going down 1-0 after extra-time against Standard Liege. In a tense and cagey final, both sides struggled to create chances as scores were locked at 0-0 after 90 minutes. But Liege stru
Aussies Abroad: Kruse stars again in Germany
Robbie Kruse will head into Caltex Socceroos camp in confident mood this week after continuing his impressive form with 2.Bundesliga outfit VFL Bochum overnight. The former Brisbane Roar and Melbourne Victory flyer had an assist as Bochum came from two goals down to beat Sandh
Mooy’s Huddersfield slump to EPL defeat against Palace
Caltex Socceroos playmaker Aaron Mooy could do nothing to inspire Huddersfield Town in the Premier League overnight, going down 2-0 to relegation rivals Crystal Palace. In his second match back from a knee injury, Mooy got through the full 90 minutes for David Wagner’s men at
Championship wrap: Luongo scores in QPR’s impressive comeback
Caltex Socceroos midfielder Massimo Luongo scored a classy goal as QPR came-from-behind to snatch a 2-2 draw against promotion candidates Fulham in the English Championship overnight. Fulham, unbeaten in their last 15 matches, led 2-0 heading into first-half stoppage-time befo