Qantas Socceroos Abroad
All the latest news about our national team's stars overseas.
- Tim Cahill played a full game and scored in Everton-s 1-1 draw with Wolves.
- Brett Emerton came on in the 65th minute of Blackburn-s 2-1 loss away to Birmingham City.
- Adam Federici played a full game in Reading-s 1-1 draw with Nottingham Forrest.
- Richard Garcia came on in the 69th minute of Hull City-s scoreless draw against Watford.
- Neil Kilkenny played 90 minutes of Leeds United-s 3-1 win over Millwall.
- Scott McDonald played a full game in Middlesbrough-s 1-0 win over Sheffield United.
- Nikita Rukavytsya played 68 minutes of Hertha Berlin-s 3-2 win over Rot-Weiss Oberhausen.
- Adrian Madaschi played a full game in Portosummaga-s 2-0 win over Cittadella.
- Brett Holman played the full match in AZ Alkmaar-s 3-1 loss away to PSV Eindhoven.
- Tommy Oar came on in the 80th minute of FC Utrecht-s 3-0 win over Willem II.
- Luke WIlkshire played a full match in Dinamo Moscow-s 3-0 win over Lokomotiv Moscow.
- Ante Covic came on in the 57th minute of Elfsborg-s 1-1 draw with Hacken.
- Retired Socceroo Scott Chipperfield played 73 minutes in Basel-s 1-1 draw with FC Thun.
- Harry Kewell and Lucas Neill played a full game in Galatasaray-s 2-0 home loss to Bursaspor.
- Mile Jedinak played 90 minutes in Genclerbirligi-s 0-0 draw with Gaziantepspor.
- James Troisi played a full game in Kayserispor-s 1-0 win over Karabukspor.
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PLAYOFFS
First legs (Second legs to be played August 24)
- Retired Socceroo Scott Chipperfield-s came on in the 88th minute of Basel-s 1-0 home win over Sheriff (Moldova).
EUROPA LEAGUE PLAYOFFS
First legs - August 19 (Second legs to be played August 26)
- Harry Kewell and Lucas Neill both played a full match as Galatasaray earned a 2-2 home draw against Karpaty Lviv (Ukraine) after being 2-0 down.
- Nathan Burns came on in the 71st minute of AEK Athens- 1-0 away win over Dundee United (Scotland).
- Brett Holman played 77 minutes and scored the opening goal in AZ Alkmaar-s 2-0 home win over Aktobe (Kazakhstan).
- Ryan Griffiths received a red card while Joel Griffiths came on in the 79th minute of Beijing Guoan-s 2-2 draw with Henan.
- Josh Kennedy played a full game and scored the final goal in Nagoya Grampus- 3-1 win over Gamba Osaka.
- Matthew Spiranovic played a full game and scored in Urawa Reds- 4-1 win over Shonan Bellmare.
Aussies Abroad: Sainsbury denies former club Inter in first UEFA Champions League start
Two Caltex Socceroos defenders were involved in key UEFA Champions League matches on Wednesday morning (AEDT). Milos Degenek’s Red Star Belgrade took on the might of Paris Saint Germain, featuring Neymar and Kylian Mbappe, while Trent Sainsbury went to former club Inter Milan
Aussies Abroad: Nabbout, Urawa Red Diamonds win Emperors Cup final
Andrew Nabbout emerged an Emperors Cup Final winner with Urawa Red Diamonds after the J-League outfit defeated Vegalta Sendai 1-0 yesterday evening. Nabbout was an unused substitute as the Reds clinched the trophy thanks to an early strike from Tomoya Ugajin. It is Urawa’s
'Amazing reward': Cahill to feature in FIFA World Football Museum
A pair of Tim Cahill’s boots will join items like the FIFA World Cup trophy, match balls from some of football’s biggest occasions and rare match-worn shirts in FIFA’s World Football Museum in Switzerland. The Caltex Socceroos legend revealed on Instagram on Sunday morning (AE
Boyle given 'all clear' following 'nasty collision'
Caltex Socceroos attacker Martin Boyle has been given the “all clear” following a head knock in Hibernian’s Scottish Premiership win at Hamilton Academical on Sunday morning (AEDT). Boyle needed lengthy treatment before half time after clashing with Hamilton’s Gary Woods and s