Fielding fit and firing players will be key to Bert van Marwijk's hopes of hitting the ground running with the Caltex Socceroos.
In Aaron Mooy and Mat Ryan, the Dutchman can expect to have two Premier League players at the top of the careers.
We have utilised Opta data to assess the key stats behind the star pair's first English top-flight campaigns.
MOOY'S MIDFIELD GRAFT
Most impressive about Mooy's season has been the well-rounded nature of his game, ranking joint-fourth in the competition for tackles.
Only conservative trio Wilfred Ndidi, Idrissa Gueye and Pablo Zabaleta have managed more, which says plenty about a player who also acts as Huddersfield's creative fulcrum.
But a commendable work rate hasn't meant a dip in his effectiveness on the ball: the former Melbourne City man is 15th for passes into the final third and 22nd for chances created.
- Mooy's four goals rank him alongside the likes of Willian, Oliver Giroud, Marcus Rashford and New Zealand international Chris Wood.
- The midfielder's accuracy of 80 per cent is the 35th best in the division for players who have attempted at least 1,000 passes.
- He has also been involved in 217 duels, winning more than half.
RYAN ENTRENCHED IN TOP 10
Quickly returning to the form that made him a two-time goalkeeper of the year in Belgium, Ryan has immediately adapted to life in England to command sixth place in the Premier League for save percentage.
And he hasn't been underworked, with only three players making a higher total of saves to date.
The 25-year-old's safe hands have also been on show with his 27 catches, the third most in the top-flight.
- Nick Pope, David de Gea and Thibaut Courtois are the only gloveman boasting a better save percentage on shots from outside the box.
- Ryan ranks eighth for total passes in his position and 11th for passing accuracy among those who have played in at least 10 games.
- He is one of nine keepers to have appeared in every league fixture. Soon-to-be World Cup rival Kasper Schmeichel is also among that group.
Trio of Australian Match Officials appointed to panel for FIFA U-17 World Cup Brazil 2019
FIFA have recent...ly announced that Hyundai A-League referee Chris Beath along with Assistant Referees Ashley Beecham & Anton Shchetinin have been appointed as match officials for FIFA U-17 World Cup Brazil which will be held in Brazil from 26 October to 17 November 2019. Beath,
'An amazing feeling': Degenek on cusp of Champions League after maiden Red Star goal
Caltex Socceroos defender Milos Degenek has scored a priceless goal to have Red Star Belgrade on the cusp of UEFA Champions League qualificatio...n. Degenek scored Red Star's opening goal - his first-ever for the club - in their first leg qualifier away against Swiss side Young B
Aussies Abroad: Luongo and Wednesday go top of the Championship as Irvine captains Hull
Massimo Luongo has entered Hillsborough, and the Owls are flying high in the EFL Championship. Luongo was deployed as a late substitute by manager Lee Bulleen as a 54th minute goal from Kadeem Harris handed Sheffield Wednesday a 1-0 win over Luton Town this morning. MORE: B