Fielding fit and firing players will be key to Bert van Marwijk's hopes of hitting the ground running with the Caltex Socceroos.
In Aaron Mooy and Mat Ryan, the Dutchman can expect to have two Premier League players at the top of the careers.
We have utilised Opta data to assess the key stats behind the star pair's first English top-flight campaigns.
MOOY'S MIDFIELD GRAFT
Most impressive about Mooy's season has been the well-rounded nature of his game, ranking joint-fourth in the competition for tackles.
Only conservative trio Wilfred Ndidi, Idrissa Gueye and Pablo Zabaleta have managed more, which says plenty about a player who also acts as Huddersfield's creative fulcrum.
But a commendable work rate hasn't meant a dip in his effectiveness on the ball: the former Melbourne City man is 15th for passes into the final third and 22nd for chances created.
- Mooy's four goals rank him alongside the likes of Willian, Oliver Giroud, Marcus Rashford and New Zealand international Chris Wood.
- The midfielder's accuracy of 80 per cent is the 35th best in the division for players who have attempted at least 1,000 passes.
- He has also been involved in 217 duels, winning more than half.
RYAN ENTRENCHED IN TOP 10
Quickly returning to the form that made him a two-time goalkeeper of the year in Belgium, Ryan has immediately adapted to life in England to command sixth place in the Premier League for save percentage.
And he hasn't been underworked, with only three players making a higher total of saves to date.
The 25-year-old's safe hands have also been on show with his 27 catches, the third most in the top-flight.
- Nick Pope, David de Gea and Thibaut Courtois are the only gloveman boasting a better save percentage on shots from outside the box.
- Ryan ranks eighth for total passes in his position and 11th for passing accuracy among those who have played in at least 10 games.
- He is one of nine keepers to have appeared in every league fixture. Soon-to-be World Cup rival Kasper Schmeichel is also among that group.
Aussies Abroad: Taggart strikes again for Suwon Bluewings
Adam Taggart has continued his K-League hot-streak with an equaliser for Suwon Bluewings in Sunday’s 1-1 draw with leaders Jeonbuk Motors. Taggart – who played his first match for Australia in close to five years in the Caltex Socceroos 1-0 loss to Korea Republic earlier this
Copa America 2020 a 'phenomenal opportunity' for Caltex Socceroos: Ryan
Caltex Socceroos goalkeeper Mathew Ryan believes the Caltex Socceroos’ participation in the Copa America 2020 is a ‘phenomenal’ opportunity for Australian football. Australia are heading to the 47th edition of the showpiece South American tournament, to held in Argentina and C
Mooy learns who he'll face in the Championship's opening round
Caltex Socceroos star Aaron Mooy has learned who he’ll face on the opening day of the EFL Championship 2019/20 season with Huddersfield Town. The Terriers – relegated from the Premier League last campaign after two years in the top flight - will host Derby County at The John S