Key stats from Australia's impressive win at AFC U23 Championships
Australia made the ideal start at the AFC U23 Championships in China, disposing of a spirited Syria 3-1 on Thursday night.
Here's some key stats from the match.
- Despite losing the match, Syria (15) had more shots at goal than Australia (eight).
- Australia made almost double the passes than the Syrians, making 685 to 365. The Aussies passing success rate was an impressive 83.6%
- Australia’s tackle success rate was also much better than Syria’s (81.8% to 52%).
- The Australian's won 61 duels throughout the 90 minutes, compared to Syria's 54.
- Syria enjoyed a territorial advantage in the contest, spending 53.6% of the match in Australia's half.
Cahill's Millwall move: 4 burning questions
Tim Cahill's club future has been settled with a return to his first professional club Millwall confirmed for the remainder of the Championship season in England. After leaving Hyundai A-League club Melbourne City in December, Cahill will now look to get as much game time as p
Caltex Socceroos star Tim Cahill seals move to former club Millwall
Caltex Socceroos striker Tim Cahill has signed with former club Millwall until the end of the 2017/18 season, the club confirmed on Tuesday (AEDT). The 38-year-old returns to the Den after making more than 250 appearances for the Lions between 1998 and 2004. He scored an im