Key stats from Australia's impressive win at AFC U23 Championships
Australia made the ideal start at the AFC U23 Championships in China, disposing of a spirited Syria 3-1 on Thursday night.
Here's some key stats from the match.
- Despite losing the match, Syria (15) had more shots at goal than Australia (eight).
- Australia made almost double the passes than the Syrians, making 685 to 365. The Aussies passing success rate was an impressive 83.6%
- Australia’s tackle success rate was also much better than Syria’s (81.8% to 52%).
- The Australian's won 61 duels throughout the 90 minutes, compared to Syria's 54.
- Syria enjoyed a territorial advantage in the contest, spending 53.6% of the match in Australia's half.