Back to where it all began! Caltex Socceroos legend Tim Cahill has joined English Championship club Millwall for the remainder of the season.
Having started his professional career at the London club 20 years ago, Cahill's club career has come full circle.
The move also gives him the chance to press his claims for a spot in the Australian squad for this year's FIFA World Cup in Russia.
But as well as being the club that gave Cahill his shot, what else do we know about the Lions?
Here's some interesting facts about Cahill's new club.
- Millwall plays in the Championship – England's second tier – having won promotion from League One last season.
- They are currently in 15th spot on the ladder, nine points above the relegation zone.
- Their home ground – The Den – has a capacity of just over 20,000.
- Millwall are coached by Neil Harris, who has been at the helm since 2015, after taking over from Ian Holloway.
- Harris is also the club's all-time leading scorer (138 goals), ahead of former England, Tottenham and Manchester United star Teddy Sheringham (111).
- There are two Aussies already at the club. Left-back James Meredith and ex-Newcastle Jets youngster Kristian Brymora
- Melbourne Victory boss Kevin Muscat, former Caltex Socceroos skipper Lucas Neill, Dave Mitchell and Jason van Blerk have also played for the club in the past.
- Actor Denzel Washington and boxer David Haye are two high-profile fans of the club.
In-form Vukovic earns Genk contract extension
Caltex Socceroos goalkeeper Danny Vukovic has been rewarded for his excellent form with a two-season contract extension at Belgian club KRC Genk. The 33-year-old's deal was due to expire at the end of the campaign but the Pro League leaders have taken up their option to extend
Aussies Abroad: Vukovic’s Genk beaten in battle of Belgium’s top two
Danny Vukovic’s Genk remain well clear on top of the table despite falling to a rare defeat in Belgium against Club Brugge overnight. In a meeting of the competition’s top two at the Jan Breydel Stadion, Genk were beaten the fired-up home side, going down 3-1. There was lit
Aussies Abroad: Ryan’s Brighton through to Quarter-Finals while Milligan, Giannou pick up strong results
There were a handful of Caltex Socceroos in action on Sunday morning (AEDT) while some key figures were rested as their clubs negotiated cup ties. Firstly to Europe where Mark Milligan played a full 90 at the heart of Hibernian’s midfield as they welcomed new manager Danny Hec
Aussies Abroad: Luongo gallant in Watford defeat
Caltex Socceroos midfielder Massimo Luongo can turn his attention to the EFLChampionship after QPR crashed out of the FA Cup on Saturday morning (AEDT). The 26-year-old played the full 90 minutes in QPR’s 1-0 loss to Watford at Loftus Road, in a tight game where each side cou