Need to know more about Honduras? The Caltex Socceroos meet Los Catrachos next month in a do-or-die World Cup playoff qualifier.
The winner over two legs can book their ticket for Russia. The loser misses out.
So, what do these 10 stats tell us about the Hondurans.
- In CONCACAF group qualification (which also included Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, T&T and USA), Honduras played 10 games for 3 wins, 4 draws and 3 losses
- Discipline was a problem for Honduras with two reds and 18 yellows - the worst of any team in the group.
- Honduras pass accuracy was 77% (second lowest in the group)
- Los Catrachos won just one from five away from home in qualifying (two draws, two losses)
- They scored 13 goals, and conceded 19. Honduras didn’t score any of their goals from set-pieces, all from open play
- Romell Quioto has netted four times for Honduras, while team-mate Alberth Elis scored three times.
- Both were on target in their 3-2 win over Mexico today in the final CONCACAF group qualfiier.
- Elis and Maynor Figueroa made 10 appearances for Honduras in group qualification - the most of anyone in the squad. Figueroa with 900 minutes on the pitch, the highest minutes of all players.
- Elis made the most key passes with 13.
- Tackles won by Honduras: 148 which was the highest in their group.
Confirmed: Australia's group for inaugural FIFA eNations Cup
Australia's group for the inaugural FIFA eNations Cup has been confirmed after the draw took place early on Tuesday morning (AEDT) in Zurich. Australia has been drawn into Group D alongside Portugal, Russia, Denmark and Netherlands, while 15 more nations were sorted into Group
23s show good signs against tough Tigers team
Australia U-23 National Team Head Coach Graham Arnold believes Sunday’s 1-1 draw with Malaysia U-23 at the Shah Alam Stadium close to Kuala Lumpur was the ‘perfect’ preparation for his squad leading up to Friday’s 2020 AFC U-23 Championship Qualification opener against Cambodia i
Aussies Abroad: Ryan sends Brighton to FA Cup semi-finals
Caltex Socceroos goalkeeper Mathew Ryan was the penalty shoot-out hero for Brighton and Hove Albion as the Premier League side beat Millwall 5-4 on penalties (2-2 after full-time) in an electrifying FA Cup quarter-final tie overnight. The 26-year-old former Hyundai A-League st
Aussies Abroad: Heartbreak for Mooy, Leckie as Milligan extends winning run with Hibs
A couple of Caltex Socceroos were involved in thrillers overnight while there was a midfield battle between two Aussies in the Championship. Read on for our full wrap of Caltex Socceroos in action on Sunday morning (AEDT). Aaron Mooy played 90 minutes as his Huddersfield To