HONDURAS EXPLAINER: Meet the Caltex Socceroos’ CONCACAF playoff opposition
Honduras have been confirmed as the Caltex Socceroos' opponents in next month's intercontinental playoff for a place at Russia 2018.
Here’s what we know about this Central American nation’s national team.
* Honduras are 74th in the latest FIFA rankings
* They are coached by a Colombian - 64-year-old Jorge Luis Pinto - who famously guided Costa Rica to first place in the so-called "Group of Death" at the 2014 World Cup, beating Uruguay and Italy and drawing with England.
* They then beat Greece on penalties in the round of 16 before losing - again on penalties - to the Netherlands in the quarter-finals in Brazil.
* Honduras have been to three World Cups - including the last two - but have never made it past the group stages.
* Former stars include Jose Maradiaga, Gilberto Yearwood, Amado Guevara, Carlos Pavon
* Nickname: Los Catrachos
Cahill reveals favourite Caltex Socceroos' goal, future plans and more
Tim Cahill has pulled the curtains on a glittering Caltex Socceroos' career. Speaking to a media conference at the Star Casino in Darling Harbour, there was no shortage of emotion as the 38-year-old reminisced on a remarkable tenure in the Australian national team. Here's w
The unseen pain that spurred Cahill’s incredible career
Tim Cahill has achieved it all in his Caltex Socceroos career. His legacy, achievements and impact on Australian football will be lauded for generations on end. LEGACY: The defining moments to seal Cahill's Caltex Socceroos legacy REVEALED: How Cahill consistently punche
Outgoing sports science guru reveals proud Caltex Socceroos legacy
Australia's departing Head of Sports Science Dr Craig Duncan has spoken of his pride in seeing the Caltex Socceroos "dominate" physically at the FIFA World Cup™. Dr Duncan finished a four-year spell with the national team at the conclusion of football's showpiece event. In
Why Sainsbury isn't keen on Cahill's iconic kit number
Tim Cahill's retirement from international football sparked an avalanche of tributes for the Caltex Socceroos' all-time top scorer. The 38-year-old stepped away this week having left the lasting memory of him wheeling away to the corner flag for his trademark goal celebration.