It was a busy week for 24 teenagers chosen from across Australia to attend the 2017 Foxtel All-Stars Tim Cahill Ambitions Tour in Melbourne which ran from 15-19 January 2017.
This opportunity of a life time saw the kids learn football skills both on and off the field, as well as partake in key workshops designed by some of the country’s best professional minds in football – including our very own Tim Cahill.
“We are all really proud of creating a chance for kids to live the life of a professional footballer for a week and inspiring them to follow their dreams, whatever they may be,” said Tim Cahill.
Below is just sample of some of the great opportunities afforded to the kids throughout the week:
- VIP experience at the Westfield W-League Melbourne Derby
- Training with Foxtel All-Stars Head Coach Robbie Anderson
- Private Tour of Melbourne City Football Club’s Centre of Excellence facilities
- Workshop and Recovery Session with Caltex Socceroos Performance Coach Craig Duncan
- Mentoring Session with former Westfield Matilda Sarah Walsh
- Training with the Westfield Matildas & Melbourne City FC Women’s Stars Steph Catley & Lydia Williams
- Training with Melbourne City’s Youth Coaches
- Private Tour of AAMI Stadium & Mentoring Session with Westfield Matildas Head Coach Alen Stajcic
- Video Analysis and Pre-Activation workshop with Melbourne City FC Youth Coaches
- Pre-Match Game prior to Hyundai A-League match between Melbourne City FC & Central Coast Mariners including Half Time Penalty Shoot-Out activation
At the conclusion of the week and after hours of deliberation by Tim Cahill, Foxtel All-Stars head coach Robbie Anderson and Foxtel – two participants were selected to receive the 2017 Foxtel All-Stars Scholarship – with Josh De Rossi and Bella Clarke chosen. The Scholarship and has been devised to help the recipients set, pursue and achieve their goals with both football and personal development.
The Foxtel Scholarship includes:
- Ongoing mentoring and support from Tim Cahill
- 1 year Foxtel subscription
- 2017 football registration fees
- $1000 towards following their football dreams
- New Balance sponsorship package
- Tickets to the 2016 Hyundai A-League Grand Final
- 2018/19 Season A-League Membership for a team of your choice
“This is such a great opportunity for talented young footballers from all walks of life to follow their dream” said Tim Cahill “It’s all about finding a footballer who deserves the chance!”
Want to learn more about the Foxtel Scholarship recipients?
Josh De Rossi
Originally from Griffith NSW, Josh moved to Sydney in 2016 to improve his football. Josh is always striving to better himself in football and volunteers to help train younger footballers at local camps when back in Griffith with his family.
Chosen due to his discipline and dedication to his football, Josh’s ultimate dream is to play for Australia. His commitment and attention to detail on the pitch made Josh shine at the Ambitions Tour.
Bella was born in rural Darwin and lives in the small town of Berry Springs. In the community, Bella likes to help out at her local Football Club by fundraising or supporting other teams.
Described as bubbly and passionate footballer dedicated to her sport, Bella exceled at the camp through her compassion and leadership when working with others. Her ultimate dream would be to play for the Matildas and represent her country.
Know a young footballer who would love to be a part of Foxtel All-Stars?
You can Register your interest here.
Aussies Abroad: Nabbout, Urawa Red Diamonds win Emperors Cup final
Andrew Nabbout emerged an Emperors Cup Final winner with Urawa Red Diamonds after the J-League outfit defeated Vegalta Sendai 1-0 yesterday evening. Nabbout was an unused substitute as the Reds clinched the trophy thanks to an early strike from Tomoya Ugajin. It is Urawa’s
'Amazing reward': Cahill to feature in FIFA World Football Museum
A pair of Tim Cahill’s boots will join items like the FIFA World Cup trophy, match balls from some of football’s biggest occasions and rare match-worn shirts in FIFA’s World Football Museum in Switzerland. The Caltex Socceroos legend revealed on Instagram on Sunday morning (AE
Boyle given 'all clear' following 'nasty collision'
Caltex Socceroos attacker Martin Boyle has been given the “all clear” following a head knock in Hibernian’s Scottish Premiership win at Hamilton Academical on Sunday morning (AEDT). Boyle needed lengthy treatment before half time after clashing with Hamilton’s Gary Woods and s
Aussies Abroad: Rogic helps Celtic to big win, Mooy suffers late loss
Caltex Socceroos midfielder Tom Rogic provided an assist as Celtic thumped Kilmarnock 5-1 to leapfrog their opponents and move to the top of the Scottish Premiership table. But Huddersfield Town suffered a heartbreaking defeat, with Arsenal needing a late moment of magic to do