Caltex Socceroos playmaker Aaron Mooy goes head-to-head with France’s chief midfielder N’Golo Kante in the Premier League on Wednesday morning (AEDT) as Huddersfield Town hosts Chelsea.
The match-up could not only decide the outcome of the midweek EPL clash but is an early preview to what to expect come the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia when the two nations meet in Group C.
Both players are crucial to their team’s success but how does Mooy’s numbers compare to the two-time Premier League winner Kante.
We’ve taken a look at the Opta stats to find out.
- Mooy has played all 16 of the Terriers’ league games this season, with Kante featuring in 13 for Antonio Conte’s Blues.
- The Aussie star has found the net twice and has an assist, with Kante’s contribution just a solitary goal.
- When it comes to shots Mooy just edges it with six compared to Kante’s four, although they both have three shots on target.
- While Mooy has completed more passes than Kante (875 to 847), the Frenchman has been more accurate. Kante’s passing accuracy is 87%, compared to Mooy’s 81%.
- Mooy has showed more creativity during his first season in the EPL, creating 23 chances for his teammates, with Kante carving out 19.
- Tackling is a key component for any good midfielder. While Mooy has made four more tackles than Kante (51 to 47), the Chelsea man has won more of his tackles, 35 to 30 for Mooy.
- But Mooy has been more effective in one-on-one duels. The Australian star may have been involved in 12 less duels (134 to 146) than Kante but he’s still won more, 76 to 75.
- Kante is the king of interceptions between the two, making 27 compared to just 17 for Mooy.
- Mooy has been fouled more times than Kante, with the Huddersfield Town man earning 10 free-kicks for his side compared to five for the Blues midfielder.
Colombia squad named ahead of Caltex Socceroos friendly
World-class stars James Rodriguez, Radamel Falcao and Tottenham’s Davinson Sanchez have all been included in Colombia’s squad for the upcoming friendly against the Caltex Socceroos. Bart van Marwijk’s side takes on the South American’s in London on March 28 (AEDT), just days a
Aussies Abroad: Maclaren’s 10-man Hibs secure draw in SPL
It was a frustrating night for Caltex Socceroos striker Jamie Maclaren as his 10-man Hibernian held on for a 1-1 at St Johnstone in the Scottish Premiership on Saturday morning (AEDT). But the young Aussie only played 14 minutes, substituted after Hibs keeper Ofir Marciano was
FIFA reveal VAR will be used at 2018 World Cup
FIFA have confirmed that the Video Assistant Referees (VAR) will be used at this year’s FIFA World Cup in Russia. FIFA’s ruling council confirmed on Saturday morning (AEDT) that they will provide match officials with the technological assistance during the tournament, which be
Revealed: Your Caltex Socceroos XI to face Norway
You've had your say and now we can reveal the starting side Caltex Socceroos fans hope to see in the upcoming friendly against Norway in Oslo. Following confirmation of Bert van Marwijk's final 26-man squad, we turned over the teamsheet to find out who you think should be in t