Caltex Socceroos playmaker Aaron Mooy goes head-to-head with France’s chief midfielder N’Golo Kante in the Premier League on Wednesday morning (AEDT) as Huddersfield Town hosts Chelsea.
The match-up could not only decide the outcome of the midweek EPL clash but is an early preview to what to expect come the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia when the two nations meet in Group C.
Both players are crucial to their team’s success but how does Mooy’s numbers compare to the two-time Premier League winner Kante.
We’ve taken a look at the Opta stats to find out.
- Mooy has played all 16 of the Terriers’ league games this season, with Kante featuring in 13 for Antonio Conte’s Blues.
- The Aussie star has found the net twice and has an assist, with Kante’s contribution just a solitary goal.
- When it comes to shots Mooy just edges it with six compared to Kante’s four, although they both have three shots on target.
- While Mooy has completed more passes than Kante (875 to 847), the Frenchman has been more accurate. Kante’s passing accuracy is 87%, compared to Mooy’s 81%.
- Mooy has showed more creativity during his first season in the EPL, creating 23 chances for his teammates, with Kante carving out 19.
- Tackling is a key component for any good midfielder. While Mooy has made four more tackles than Kante (51 to 47), the Chelsea man has won more of his tackles, 35 to 30 for Mooy.
- But Mooy has been more effective in one-on-one duels. The Australian star may have been involved in 12 less duels (134 to 146) than Kante but he’s still won more, 76 to 75.
- Kante is the king of interceptions between the two, making 27 compared to just 17 for Mooy.
- Mooy has been fouled more times than Kante, with the Huddersfield Town man earning 10 free-kicks for his side compared to five for the Blues midfielder.
UPDATE: 2018 FIFA World Cup™ broadcast details
Optus has announced that all the remaining group matches of the 2018 FIFA World Cup™ will now also be simulcast on free-to-air TV on SBS. The decision was announced on Wednesday afternoon as the Telco deals with issues surrounding their service, including dropouts and other fa
WATCH: Bert van Marwijk speaks before Denmark clash
Socceroos boss Bert van Marwijk will front the press to speak before Australia take on Denmark at the FIFA World Cup™. With the Group C clash set to take place at 10pm AEST on Thursday, live on SBS and Optus Sport, van Marwijk will speak alongside one player set to start the m
Opponent Watch: Denmark star's Socceroos warning
Denmark talisman Christian Eriksen has urged his side to lift their standards ahead of tomorrow evening’s clash with the Socceroos. The Tottenham man has entered the tournament in Russia with giant expectations, but found himself on the fringes of the Danes’ nervy 1-0 win over