Caltex Socceroos playmaker Aaron Mooy goes head-to-head with France’s chief midfielder N’Golo Kante in the Premier League on Wednesday morning (AEDT) as Huddersfield Town hosts Chelsea.
The match-up could not only decide the outcome of the midweek EPL clash but is an early preview to what to expect come the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia when the two nations meet in Group C.
Both players are crucial to their team’s success but how does Mooy’s numbers compare to the two-time Premier League winner Kante.
We’ve taken a look at the Opta stats to find out.
- Mooy has played all 16 of the Terriers’ league games this season, with Kante featuring in 13 for Antonio Conte’s Blues.
- The Aussie star has found the net twice and has an assist, with Kante’s contribution just a solitary goal.
- When it comes to shots Mooy just edges it with six compared to Kante’s four, although they both have three shots on target.
- While Mooy has completed more passes than Kante (875 to 847), the Frenchman has been more accurate. Kante’s passing accuracy is 87%, compared to Mooy’s 81%.
- Mooy has showed more creativity during his first season in the EPL, creating 23 chances for his teammates, with Kante carving out 19.
- Tackling is a key component for any good midfielder. While Mooy has made four more tackles than Kante (51 to 47), the Chelsea man has won more of his tackles, 35 to 30 for Mooy.
- But Mooy has been more effective in one-on-one duels. The Australian star may have been involved in 12 less duels (134 to 146) than Kante but he’s still won more, 76 to 75.
- Kante is the king of interceptions between the two, making 27 compared to just 17 for Mooy.
- Mooy has been fouled more times than Kante, with the Huddersfield Town man earning 10 free-kicks for his side compared to five for the Blues midfielder.
Caltex Socceroos meet young Aussie ‘Playmakers’ in the UAE
The Caltex Socceroos took time out after training to meet with some young Australian fans in the United Arab Emirates last week ahead of Monday’s solid 4-0 win over Kuwait in Kuwait City. The young Australians, who live in the UAE, are part of the AFC Asian Cup UAE 2019’s Play
‘An amazing story’: Patrice Evra leads social media tributes to Mabil, Deng debuts
There was a lot to like about the Caltex Socceroos win over Kuwait on Tuesday (AEDT) but arguably the biggest highlight was the international debuts of youngsters Awer Mabil and Thomas Deng. The pair were both second-half substitutes and combined on the right flanks, with Mabi
Stats review: Breaking down the Caltex Socceroos win over Kuwait
The Caltex Socceroos made a blistering start to the Graham Arnold era on Tuesday morning (AEDT) with their emphatic 4-0 win over Kuwait. The performance and result not only made a big statement of what this Australian team is set to deliver under their new boss, but also snapp
Opposition watch: Korea Republic stays unbeaten despite surrendering lead
Korea Republic’s unbeaten run has continued ahead of next month’s friendly against the Caltex Socceroos after a draw with Panama on Wednesday morning (AEDT). After last week’s impressive 2-1 win over Uruguay in Seoul, the Koreans were held to a 2-2 draw by the Central American