Spain coach Vicente del Bosque is in the dark as to whether Xavi Hernandez and Iker Casillas will call time on their international careers.
Playmaker Xavi and captain Casillas are reportedly set to announce that they will retire from Spain duty following the conclusion of the nation's woeful FIFA World Cup defence.
Del Bosque's future has also been called into question after the world and European champions suffered a shock early exit in Brazil with defeats against the Netherlands and Chile.
Xabi Alonso is also said to be ready to end his illustrious Spain career, but Del Bosque is not aware that any of his squad are on the verge of walking away.
"No player has told me they will not come over if called. If any decision is made, we will respect it," he said on Sunday.
"We don't know if (Xavi) will stay or won't stay. I honestly don't know.
"Nobody has told me directly that these are their last few games."
Del Bosque has been backed by the Spanish Football Federation to stay on as coach, but the 63-year-old gave no assurances that he will remain in the role ahead of their final game of the tournament against Australia on Monday.
"I understand you want to know what will happen but everything has a process. We should make informed decisions for everyone, for the sake of Spanish football," he added.
"We need to think and see what is best for Spain. I haven't made any decision. It's true I have the support of the Federation but that doesn't mean we won’t sit down after the World Cup to see what the situation is.
"I'm looking forward because I have great enthusiasm and excitement about doing things. Football is my passion and this is my profession."
Del Bosque also played down talk of a disagreement with midfielder Cesc Fabregas, who was said to have infuriated the coach with a lack of enthusiasm in training.
Fabregas was reportedly told to leave the session by Del Bosque, who took a training vest off Chelsea's new signing, but the former Real Madrid coach said the incident had been blown out of proportion.
"I didn't take away the vest," he said. "It was a minor issue.
"(One side) was outnumbered and the team was still behind. I sought support from Xabi Alonso. Nothing happened."
Joeys squad selected for final training camp in Melbourne
Joeys Head Coach Trevor Morgan has named a 26-player squad for a training camp in Melbourne next week (13-19 August) as they prepare for the upcoming AFC U16 Championship in Malaysia which will be held later this year. Morgan is looking forward to working with the players agai
Mixed news for Caltex Socceroos duo in Champions League qualifying
Milos Degenek’s Red Star Belgrade are still alive in their bid to qualify for this season’s UEFA Champions League, but there was heartbreak for Tom Rogic’s Celtic. After a 1-1 draw at home in the first leg, Celtic lost 2-1 against Greek side AEK Athens on Wednesday morning to
Young Socceroos set for kick off in 2018 SBS Cup
A selection of Australia’s finest U18 footballers commence their 2018 SBS Cup campaign in Japan tomorrow evening. Ante Milicic’s side take on the host nation at Fujieda Stadium at 7.30pm kick off (AEST). AUSSIES ABROAD: Maclaren, Vukovic impress in Europe READ: Why Rene