The Caltex Socceroos will come up against one of Europe's finest midfielders after being drawn with Denmark in Group C of the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Here's what you need to know about the world's 12th-ranked nation.
DENMARK (Pot 3)
- How they qualified: Play-off winner in UEFA (over Ireland) after runners-up in Group E in UEFA’s preliminary competition
- Participations including 2018: 5 (FIFA World Cup quarter-finalists once)
- Coach: Aga Hareide (former Norwegian international with extensive club coaching experience in Scandinavia)
- Three key players: Christian Eriksen (Tottenham), Thomas Delaney (Werder Bremen), Kasper Schmeichel (Leicester City)
- Denmark qualified for their fifth World Cup after knocking out the Republic of Ireland in the play-offs. It’s their first appearance since 2010.
- Denmark have made it out of the group stages in three of their four previous appearances but have never progressed further than the quarter-finals (1998).
- Only two of Denmark’s 16 games at the World Cup have ended in draws (W8 L6). Meanwhile, they have kept only one clean sheet in their last 11 World Cup games, against France in 2002 (2-0).
- All 27 of Denmark’s goals at the World Cup have been scored from inside the box.
- Top scorer (11) and assist provider (3) for Denmark during the qualifiers for the 2018 World Cup, Christian Eriksen was directly involved in 56% of his team’s goals. Six of his 11 goals came from outside the box.
- This will be Åge Hareide’s first major tournament as manager. The Norwegian will attempt to become the second manager to take Denmark past the round of 16 after Bo Johansson in 1998.
For ticket information, head to FIFA's website - www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/ticketing/index
Rukavytsya ready to relive 'unbelievable' World Cup experience
Caltex Socceroos striker Nikita Rukavytsya is hoping history repeats itself as he zeroes in on an unexpected FIFA World Cup berth. The 30-year-old flyer was a surprise recall for last year's do-or-die play-offs against Syria and Honduras having spent the previous four years in
Opponent Watch: Celtic starlet set to lock horns with Rogic
Tom Rogic's superb form could hit a grinding halt in Oslo if a Celtic team-mate has his way in the international friendly between the Caltex Socceroos and Norway. Elsewhere, Colombia are set to have some additional motivation for next week's match in London while a FIFA World
Brillante upbeat over Caltex Socceroos' midfield battle
Recalled midfielder Josh Brillante admits it won't be easy to achieve redemption for his late exclusion from the Caltex Socceroos' last FIFA World Cup squad. Brillante was a member of Australia's extended roster for Brazil 2014 but was unable to force his way into the final 23
Socceroos Spotlight: Luongo, Behich take staggering stats into Norway friendly
Bert van Marwijk will be blessed with the arrival of several in-form stars as his squad assembles in Oslo for the first of two friendlies. AFC Asian Cup winners Massimo Luongo and Aziz Behich are among those at the peak of their powers for the new Caltex Socceroos' coach's fir