History is well and truly in the Caltex Socceroos favour as they look to book their spot at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
With a phenomenal home record in World Cup Qualifiers that has seen them go undefeated since 2008, Australia will be firm favourites when they tackle Honduras on Wednesday night.
PREVIEW: Caltex Socceroos v Honduras
Here are five fast facts ahead of the decisive second leg at Stadium Australia.
- Neither side could score in the first leg, though the Caltex Socceroos have scored one goal and conceded none in each of their previous two Intercontinental play-offs on home turf.
- The Caltex Socceroos are undefeated in their last 21 World Cup Qualifiers on home turf (W18, D3), last losing in 2008 to China 1-0.
- Honduras are undefeated in their last six World Cup Qualification games (W2, D4), the last time they went longer without a loss in their quest for a World Cup berth was a seven-game stretch across 2012 and 2013 (W4, D3).
- Australia have been fouled on 20 or more occasions in each of their last two World Cup Qualification games after not winning so many in any of their previous 19 qualifiers.
- Rommel Quioto has scored a goal in two of his last four games for Honduras, though neither of those strikes came away from home.
Cahill's Millwall move: 4 burning questions
Tim Cahill's club future has been settled with a return to his first professional club Millwall confirmed for the remainder of the Championship season in England. After leaving Hyundai A-League club Melbourne City in December, Cahill will now look to get as much game time as p
Caltex Socceroos star Tim Cahill seals move to former club Millwall
Caltex Socceroos striker Tim Cahill has signed with former club Millwall until the end of the 2017/18 season, the club confirmed on Tuesday (AEDT). The 38-year-old returns to the Den after making more than 250 appearances for the Lions between 1998 and 2004. He scored an im