Caltex Socceroos v Honduras: 5 key facts
Did you know that Honduras lost only one game at home in World Cup qualifying but their defensive record was the equal worst of any team in CONCACAF.
Here's five fast facts ahead of the Intercontinental World Cup playoff between the Caltex Socceroos and Honduras.
- This will be the first ever meeting between these teams; the Socceroos’ only previous clash against a Central American nation was a 1-0 win against Costa Rica in November 2013.
- Honduras will be searching for back-to-back wins for the first time since they won four on the bounce from November 2016 to January 2017.
- The Socceroos have kept just one clean sheet in the last 12 months; a 2-0 win against UAE in March 2017 the only time they’ve kept their opposition scoreless this year.
- Honduras conceded 19 goals in the fifth and final stage of the CONCACAF qualifying campaign, none of the other five teams conceded more at this stage.
- The Socceroos are undefeated in their last 16 World Cup qualification games when Mile Jedinak has been in the side (W11, D5).
When to watch your Caltex Socceroos this weekend
There's FA Cup action on the cards for two Australians this weekend as another prepares for a massive top-of-the-table encounter. Multiple players are involved in matches with major title ramifications, while Mark Milligan has a new manager to impress in Scotland. Read on t
Aussies Abroad: Vukovic keeps clean sheet as Genk earn crucial away result
Danny Vukovic was the only Caltex Socceroo in action on Friday morning (AEDT) as his Genk side secured a 0-0 away draw against Slavia Prague in the UEFA Europa League Round of 32. Vukovic played a crucial role in earning a clean sheet, making five saves as Slavia bombarded the
Joeys squad announced for next month's UEFA-hosted youth tournament in Turkey
Joeys Head Coach Trevor Morgan today confirmed Australia’s squad for next month’s UEFA-hosted youth tournament in Turkey. Twenty of Australia’s best youth footballers will travel to Antalya in March for matches against the host nation (4 March), Tanzania (6 March), and Guinea
Aussies Abroad: Missed opportunity for Luongo, Irvine in the Championship
It was a night of frustration for a couple of promotion-chasing Caltex Socceroos in the English Championship on Wednesday morning (AEDT). Massimo Luongo’s Queens Park Rangers travelled to Bristol City and looked on course for a crucial win as Matt Smith’s goal had them leading