Caltex Socceroos v Honduras: 5 key facts
Did you know that Honduras lost only one game at home in World Cup qualifying but their defensive record was the equal worst of any team in CONCACAF.
Here's five fast facts ahead of the Intercontinental World Cup playoff between the Caltex Socceroos and Honduras.
- This will be the first ever meeting between these teams; the Socceroos’ only previous clash against a Central American nation was a 1-0 win against Costa Rica in November 2013.
- Honduras will be searching for back-to-back wins for the first time since they won four on the bounce from November 2016 to January 2017.
- The Socceroos have kept just one clean sheet in the last 12 months; a 2-0 win against UAE in March 2017 the only time they’ve kept their opposition scoreless this year.
- Honduras conceded 19 goals in the fifth and final stage of the CONCACAF qualifying campaign, none of the other five teams conceded more at this stage.
- The Socceroos are undefeated in their last 16 World Cup qualification games when Mile Jedinak has been in the side (W11, D5).
Statement: Optus' FIFA World Cup™ coverage
Like all football fans in Australia, FFA has been very disappointed by the technical problems which have so affected the FIFA World Cup coverage by Optus. Optus’ broadcasting agreement is with FIFA not FFA, but FFA is receiving regular updates from both Optus and SBS to see wh
Opponent Watch: Denmark midfielder ruled out of FIFA World Cup™
France have played out a difficult training game against an Under-19 club opponent while Denmark have seen one of their key midfielders ruled out of the tournament with an injury. Plus the latest on Peru in this edition of Opponent Watch. DAY 29 WRAP: France game dissected
Revealed: What Jedinak said to Socceroos teammates after loss
Socceroos skipper Mile Jedinak has explained what he said to teammates in a huddle following the narrow 2-1 loss to France at the FIFA World Cup™. Jedinak, who scored Australia’s goal from the penalty spot, was picked in midfield alongside Aaron Mooy and the duo produced a ste
The star a nation is built around: Denmark's key men
Denmark is the next name on the Socceroos’ list as they head to Samara for the second Group C fixture on Thursday night (AEST) – you can catch it at 10pm AEST on SBS and Optus Sport. Ranked 12th in the world, Denmark finished second in their qualifying group behind Poland and