Caltex Socceroos v Honduras: 5 key facts
Did you know that Honduras lost only one game at home in World Cup qualifying but their defensive record was the equal worst of any team in CONCACAF.
Here's five fast facts ahead of the Intercontinental World Cup playoff between the Caltex Socceroos and Honduras.
- This will be the first ever meeting between these teams; the Socceroos’ only previous clash against a Central American nation was a 1-0 win against Costa Rica in November 2013.
- Honduras will be searching for back-to-back wins for the first time since they won four on the bounce from November 2016 to January 2017.
- The Socceroos have kept just one clean sheet in the last 12 months; a 2-0 win against UAE in March 2017 the only time they’ve kept their opposition scoreless this year.
- Honduras conceded 19 goals in the fifth and final stage of the CONCACAF qualifying campaign, none of the other five teams conceded more at this stage.
- The Socceroos are undefeated in their last 16 World Cup qualification games when Mile Jedinak has been in the side (W11, D5).