Caltex Socceroos v Honduras: 5 key facts
Did you know that Honduras lost only one game at home in World Cup qualifying but their defensive record was the equal worst of any team in CONCACAF.
Here's five fast facts ahead of the Intercontinental World Cup playoff between the Caltex Socceroos and Honduras.
- This will be the first ever meeting between these teams; the Socceroos’ only previous clash against a Central American nation was a 1-0 win against Costa Rica in November 2013.
- Honduras will be searching for back-to-back wins for the first time since they won four on the bounce from November 2016 to January 2017.
- The Socceroos have kept just one clean sheet in the last 12 months; a 2-0 win against UAE in March 2017 the only time they’ve kept their opposition scoreless this year.
- Honduras conceded 19 goals in the fifth and final stage of the CONCACAF qualifying campaign, none of the other five teams conceded more at this stage.
- The Socceroos are undefeated in their last 16 World Cup qualification games when Mile Jedinak has been in the side (W11, D5).
Update to Young Socceroos squad for AFC U19 Championship
Football Federation Australia (FFA) has confirmed on Friday a change to the Young Socceroos squad that is competing at the 2018 AFC U19 Championship in Indonesia. Young Socceroos coach Ante Milicic has brought in Melbourne City FC’s Connor Metcalfe to replace Western Sydney Wa
When are your Caltex Socceroos in action this weekend?
Awer Mabil will be among the Aussies taking Caltex Socceroos form back to the club grind as Aaron Mooy braces for a huge Premier League test this weekend. Meanwhile, there's a match not to be missed in Scotland that's set to showcase several of our overseas stars. Read on t
Milicic calls for fast start to AFC U-19 Championship campaign
Ante Milicic has urged his Young Socceroos side not to waste a second at the AFC U-19 Championship as they prepare to meet Korea Republic on Friday night. A tournament-opening victory for either nation in Indonesia could prove crucial to progressing from a tricky Group C that