Caltex Socceroos v Honduras: 5 key facts
Did you know that Honduras lost only one game at home in World Cup qualifying but their defensive record was the equal worst of any team in CONCACAF.
Here's five fast facts ahead of the Intercontinental World Cup playoff between the Caltex Socceroos and Honduras.
- This will be the first ever meeting between these teams; the Socceroos’ only previous clash against a Central American nation was a 1-0 win against Costa Rica in November 2013.
- Honduras will be searching for back-to-back wins for the first time since they won four on the bounce from November 2016 to January 2017.
- The Socceroos have kept just one clean sheet in the last 12 months; a 2-0 win against UAE in March 2017 the only time they’ve kept their opposition scoreless this year.
- Honduras conceded 19 goals in the fifth and final stage of the CONCACAF qualifying campaign, none of the other five teams conceded more at this stage.
- The Socceroos are undefeated in their last 16 World Cup qualification games when Mile Jedinak has been in the side (W11, D5).
Aussies Abroad: EFL Cup wrap
It might be early in the English football calendar but with the English Football League Cup commencing this morning, the season’s first silverware is now on the radar for the 92 participating clubs. Several Australian players were in action during a round one that saw multiple
Joeys squad selected for final training camp in Melbourne
Joeys Head Coach Trevor Morgan has named a 26-player squad for a training camp in Melbourne next week (13-19 August) as they prepare for the upcoming AFC U16 Championship in Malaysia which will be held later this year. Morgan is looking forward to working with the players agai
Mixed news for Caltex Socceroos duo in Champions League qualifying
Milos Degenek’s Red Star Belgrade are still alive in their bid to qualify for this season’s UEFA Champions League, but there was heartbreak for Tom Rogic’s Celtic. After a 1-1 draw at home in the first leg, Celtic lost 2-1 against Greek side AEK Athens on Wednesday morning to
Young Socceroos set for kick off in 2018 SBS Cup
A selection of Australia’s finest U18 footballers commence their 2018 SBS Cup campaign in Japan tomorrow evening. Ante Milicic’s side take on the host nation at Fujieda Stadium at 7.30pm kick off (AEST). AUSSIES ABROAD: Maclaren, Vukovic impress in Europe READ: Why Rene