Football Federation Australia (FFA) advises that the international between the Caltex Socceros and Greece at ANZ Stadium, Sydney, tonight (8pm kick off) will proceed as scheduled, subject to the normal pitch inspection by the referee.
The first inspection will occur approximately 6pm, two hours prior kick off. FFA will provide an update at this time.
The ANZ Stadium pitch drains particularly well and there is no surface water at this time. FFA and ANZ Stadium officials grounds team are closely monitoring conditions.
To 8am today, the heaviest rain has fallen in Sydney city (56mm) with only 20mm falling at Sydney Olympic Park.
Supporters are encouraged to prepare for the wintry conditions and bring wet-weather protective gear.
Ponchos will be available outside the Stadium and at merchandise outlets inside the venue.
Supporters can bring umbrellas to the Stadium but, for the safety of others, are not permitted to open these once in their seats.
Rug up and come out and support the Socceroos and the Ethniki Omada!
TOP TRAVEL TIPS
- With train travel included in all game-day tickets, fans are encouraged to take advantage of the additional and direct services in place for the event.
- With a large crowd expected and weekend traffic in play, it's best to leave the car at home.
- Arrive early and enjoy the Greek-style party in the Sydney Olympic Park precinct pre-game with Greek music, food and football activities.
- Come inside early to catch the Schools and Clubs March Past and team warm ups from 6:35pm.
- Please note there will be NO Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses in operation for this event.